Identify dumper

Discuss dumpers here

Topic author
Millstone
Flag: Romania

Identify dumper

Post #1 by Millstone » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:20 pm

Hi,

I have acquired a small dumper, it has a, as yet, unidentified Lister diesel engine and a remote gearbox driven by a chain. from photographs of others it resembles a Barford or Liner though I can't find anything about the gearbox configuration. It is right hand drive. As the engine is rare [not a ph1] and has had parts stolen I am trying to find an alternative engine.
I will hopefully post a picture soon.

Any help in identifying it would be appreciated.

Trevor

Slooby
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Identify dumper

Post #2 by Slooby » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:30 pm

Hi Trevor,

Some pics would be a great help for people to identify it for you, the forum tself can host them for you, all you have to do is upload them to it in a post.

The chances are the engine won't be that rare if it's a Lister, or even a Petter, as all variants were made in serious numbers. We found parts for ours in stock at a local motor factor's! There's normally a stamped plate riveted on to the engine block with details on, although it can well have corroded away leaving only the rivets behind (ours is long gone)
CMN Stuff: MF65, Thwaites Nimline, JCB 3CX
Projects: S11a 88" V8 Hybrid, 2 x S111 109"s, Mk11 Mini, Harrison L5A :doh:
Ish projects: T25 Camper, ST675R
Just added: Alpine S5 & Bridgeport Mk2 :wtf:
Sorely Missed: Impreza, E39 M5

Topic author
Millstone
Flag: Romania

Post #3 by Millstone » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:33 pm

Hi Slooby,

Thanks for the reply.

It is a pc1 engine. I have a picture when it was partially stripped and one with the best profile I could get as the sun is in the wrong direction. The third shows the engine mounting plate and the cog wheel on the clutch end of the gearbox where it is chain driven from the engine.

I also have another dumper, also unidentified, that is slightly more conventional with a ph1 and normal gearbox. I attempted to adapt it to electric start with a mini flywheel and starter which works but needs fettling.

I have just acquired a 'Smalley' digger, one of the later self propelled ones and intend using that and the digger for a building project.

I also acquired an 'Iron Horse' tractor which I donated to a farming museum I am a director of. It will hopefully undergo restoration in the near future.

Not sure if I have doubled up a couple of images or not downloaded any. Better with old machinery than computers!

Trevor

Johnson Dumper
Flag: Germany

Post #4 by Johnson Dumper » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:57 pm

Barford 'Beaver' 75 - MK 4 :wave:

Slooby
Flag: Great Britain

Post #5 by Slooby » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:56 pm

Morris light, 5 stud, commercial Salisbury axle, flipped for front wheel drive arrangement, and Morris small car 3 stud hubs, steering knuckles and stub axles at the rear. Gearbox is likely to be from a Morris 8 too. All the favoured donors for these small dumpers, although the chain drive is a little different to our Thwaites which is about the same size which uses the same gearbox direct bolted to its Lister, with the same front and rear axle parts
CMN Stuff: MF65, Thwaites Nimline, JCB 3CX
Projects: S11a 88" V8 Hybrid, 2 x S111 109"s, Mk11 Mini, Harrison L5A :doh:
Ish projects: T25 Camper, ST675R
Just added: Alpine S5 & Bridgeport Mk2 :wtf:
Sorely Missed: Impreza, E39 M5

cobbadog
Flag: Australia

Post #6 by cobbadog » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:13 pm

Nice project to have a go at. Also like what you did with the Iron Horse, a rare and lovely tractor.
Cheers Cobba

Return to “Dumpers”