AUSA 108 DA

Discuss dumpers here

Topic author
widford
Flag: Great Britain

AUSA 108 DA

Post #1 by widford » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:30 pm

I have acquired 2 early 1990's Ausa 108 DA both requiring new clutches, one needs a new starter motor, and by the look of it needs a hydraulic fix.
Does anyone have any info on removing the engine, where clutches and and hydraulic parts can be obtained, and is it possible to get a workshop manual on these dumpers? :wave:

cobbadog
Flag: Australia

Re: AUSA 108 DA

Post #2 by cobbadog » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:40 am

G'Day Trev and welcome to the forum. No doubt someone local to you may be able to answer more of your questions but for your hydraulic parts usually take what you need to the local bearing or hydraulic shop and put them on the bench and they will be able to match up the parts. AS for the clutch, again put the old unit on the counter at a brake and clutch shop and they will hand over a new one.
Having never removed an engine from a dumper and not knowing your make or model the removal of the engine should be a straight forward affair. So you would need to support the gearbox so the engine can come out alone or remove both at once and work on them on the bench or a stand. Why do you need to remove the engine? If it is to do the clutch it will be easier to remove the gearbox only. What hydraulic issues do you know you have? What experience do you have in doing this type of work?
Sorry I only ask this as to what level of information you will need and not to be insulting.
Something that might help here too is a pic or pictures of what you have. A better description of each known problem as sometimes what is thought to be an issue might be something totally different.
Cheers Cobba

XS650

Post #3 by XS650 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:49 pm

Suppose you have already done this but googling 'Ausa Dumper Parts' comes up with these two (and more!)

https://kattrak.com/spares/ausa/ausa-parts/

http://www.dumperparts.co.uk/ausa-dumpers.html

Craig
Not all those who wander are lost.

Topic author
widford

Post #4 by widford » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:32 pm

Hi John, Hi Craig
Many thanks for reply, I have done a few searches, but the only numbers on one machine that are readable on a half eroded/broken id plate are “392.11165, wording before missing”, “LK SR A51207 wording not readable”, I am taking the previous owners word they are early 90’s ( they could be somewhat older) so the searches are inconclusive. All I really know is they are single cylinder fairly small diesel air cooled, looking at them, the easiest way seems to remove the engine first from under the vehicle, I was hoping to remove the clutch and look for numbers and backtrack to what vehicles it fitted and work from there.(plus any numbers I may find on the engine)
My experience, retired mechanical engineer, I help a couple of friends out when they have problems on Komatsu PC120-5, Valtra T150 forestry, various Kubota, and a twin Iveco powered catamaran , so I do get my hands dirty at 74 years young, but I don’t like unnecessary work thus would like to know the right way to sort my new hobby dumpers out

cobbadog
Flag: Australia

Post #5 by cobbadog » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:22 pm

Hi widford,
Now agaiin I am guessing at the numb ers you have provided. The first group of numbers 392.11165 may well be patent numbers. LK, I dont know but possible model id, SR maybe model of the Lister engine, "A" might be anticlockwise direction, 51207 the engine number. So if possible a few clear pictures of the engine and gearbox may also help identify the engine properly. At the moment do you have a crank handle to turn the engine over? If so which direction does it turn the engine?
Again with a picture of yoiur project you may well be able to remove the body panels with the removal of a few nuts and bolts to expose both engine and gearbox to give you better access to explore the things you want to do. Without seeing the dumpy I can't be certain but dropping the engine out from below may well be harder than taking it out from the top, the same with the gearbox.
Cheers Cobba

Topic author
widford

Post #6 by widford » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:05 pm

Hi Cobba,
Will do exactly what you say, it looks like some panels and the fuel tank will come off OK if I can get the tipper bucket out of the way (need to start engine, so will be good to check hydraulic leaks and starter motor at same time) I'm assured this one will start OK, haven't got a start handle but also haven't looked to see of it has a start dog nut for handle, enough to do, will come back in a few days.
many thanks
Widford

Return to “Dumpers”