two ton dumper handbrake shoes needed

Discuss dumpers here

Topic author
longdog1970
Flag: Great Britain

Re: two ton dumper handbrake shoes needed

Post #11 by longdog1970 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:16 pm

Hi Cobba

Thanks for the reply, I’ve found a place for £20 to reline the shoes :thumbup: I’m just waiting on a rebuild kit from Stationary engines to rebuild one of the diesel pumps as I can’t get a good flow of diesel out the pump when turning her over, I’ve done the spill timing and it’s so low on pressure I’m going to put new inners in it and hope that helps. I think I’ve got a blocked injector as well as I put a new pump on the other cylinder and it’s blown the feed pipe of the injector, the new pump has loads of pressure when cranking over. Hope to get her running soon :claphands:

cobbadog
Flag: Australia

Post #12 by cobbadog » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:59 am

Well done mate.
That is more than I have ever had to do to one of these Listers. I have not had to learn how to do the spill timing yet but if I had to I certainly would have a go at it. Fortunately both my Listers were not bad and required a little bit of service work to make them run. I have my Liner Roughrider dumper that runs a SR2 Lister and I have a tropical model CD 8hp Lister which did require a little bit of fiddly work with the pump. It was frozen and once it was free I didn't think it was pumping enough fuel until I connected the injector up and cranked the engine over. Such a small dribble of fuel does create enough pressure to atomise the fuel. These engines are tough so I look forward to hearing how you get on with yours.
Cheers Cobba

Topic author
longdog1970

Post #13 by longdog1970 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:34 am

Hi Cobba

I’ve taken the injector apart and the needle was stuck so I’ve freed it up now and unblocked the 3 tiny holes and she is a squirting lovely now, I’m still waiting for the injector pipe and pump kit to be delivered and I should get her going, when I took the barrels off the one with the blocked injector was full of water where she had been sitting for all them years with no manifolds so I think that’s why the injector was a bit sticky.

Topic author
longdog1970

Post #14 by longdog1970 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:36 am

Why the website keeps uploading 4 of the same pictures every time is a mystery to me ??? I must be doing something wrong...

Jeremy Rowland

Post #15 by Jeremy Rowland » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:55 am

longdog1970 wrote:Why the website keeps uploading 4 of the same pictures every time is a mystery to me ??? I must be doing something wrong...

Cliff, you need to upload each photo separately so only click on one and upload that then click the browse tav underneath and upload the next photo etc etc.

Jeremy

Return to “Dumpers”