Colour code Barford 2008

Discuss dumpers here

Topic author
JonasTravolta
Flag: Sweden

Colour code Barford 2008

Post #1 by JonasTravolta » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:01 pm

Hello!
Anyone know the colour codes for a 2008 Barford?
/Jonas

cobbadog
Flag: Australia

Re: Colour code Barford 2008

Post #2 by cobbadog » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:30 am

G'Day Jonas and welcome,
As for the colour sometimes it is best to find a part on your machine that has not been paint similar to where parts overlap and take that as a sample to the paint store for them to match. I did this to find the original unknown code for a Vintage mower here in Australia and found a perfect match in 2pac so now the code is on the mower site for all to see and use.
Cheers Cobba

Topic author
JonasTravolta
Flag: Sweden

Post #3 by JonasTravolta » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:24 pm

Thanks!
I will do that, though it would have been good with a code. But it seems hard to get. The best part that i had planned to use for that was the under side of the lid for the battery, but I forgot that when I removed rust from it and grounded it up...A little annoying when it caught me, admiring the shining painted cover. But I will examine what other part that combines easy removal, weight and size and take it to the paint store.
Best regards Jonas

cobbadog
Flag: Australia

Post #4 by cobbadog » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:22 am

The only problem now for using paint codes is that way back they used lead in paint, now it's gone and the codes do not always give a good match. Sometimes it is as simple as knowing the name of the colour like the line up of Brunswick green colours from light, mid and dark. These do match well using today's' paints. Industrial colours can easily be duplicated and if your paint shop has some colour cards take some home and compare them to what you know is a good likeness.
With industrial paints there are basic colours that are named like Caterpillar Yellow, John Deere Green and so on so again ask the paint shop if they have samples of yellows that you can take cards back and have a look. Clean up the area first and give it a polish as well just to make sure.
Cheers Cobba

Return to “Dumpers”