Well I still don't know what it is .!

Discuss dumpers here

Topic author
oldtime
Flag: Australia

Well I still don't know what it is .!

Post #1 by oldtime » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:06 pm

After some more computer time .my dumper is not a PAUS . So I am still trying to identify the breast . The hydraulic drive worried me . Think itight be Japanese
Axel's English . Lombardi engine .

cobbadog

Re: Well I still don't know what it is .!

Post #2 by cobbadog » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:51 am

I dont think it is a tit (breast). Nor do I think it is Japanese as they had more diesel stationary engines than you can poke a stick at of their own and they do like using their own products. There has been over time a lot of hydraulic driven dumpers and from many different Countries, UK, France Germany, USA, and so on. So it just might be a European made job which for here in Oz makes it tricky to identify.
Having said that, is there any ID plates of any kind on it anywhere. Look on the engine for a plate with serial number, this will give you a date of manufacture for the engine and that can help narrow down the maker. Is there any tags on the hydraulics, final drive or a plate on the chassis? I had my roughrider for a few months before it was identified and then a long time after that I found a build tag on the chassis in front of the engine but behind the bin. A strange place but because I was working anywhere near there until I rebuilt the steering box I never saw it because of the gallons of yellow paint over it. Look on the chassis behind the steer wheels and below the engine as well, I really mean get out with a torch and go all over it looking for clues.
Also maybe a clear picture of the hydraulic drive as this too in design may help identify the make along with the diff.
Cheers Cobba

Topic author
oldtime

Post #3 by oldtime » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:40 am

Well here are a few more pictures of what I have . The Axel's came into Australia early 90s according to the English manafacture . Engine 1989 . . The controls on the dash fast. Slow and forward reverse are all switches. The foot peddle on the left is some sort of hydraulic valve . Right peddle is throttle . Still awaiting starter motor to arrive . The wheels are locked . I cannot roll it . To get it off the truck . Worried it might take off when I start it !now that would be exciting !!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cobbadog

Post #4 by cobbadog » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:45 am

It is not unusual for hydraulics to lock up when not running. Best way to compare is air brakes on a semi, no air no move. It might be a case of taking a lot of clear pics to a hydraulic place and they will tell you how to 'unlock' it so you can unload it safely.
With the pic viewing in portrait mode it is a bit tricky to make sense of the engine. Acme was a Yanky company that may have manufactured out here for a while so search that option as well. Lombardi is Italian so that is another line of enquiry.
Cheers Cobba

essexpete

Post #5 by essexpete » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:06 pm

Where is/are the drive motor/s located?

Topic author
oldtime

Post #6 by oldtime » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:39 am

Here is the hydraulic motor . It has Asian writing on it I . I cannot get a good picture of it . But will keep trying . The adapter plate has an Australian brand on it made in Balina NSW . ! Switched from NZ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cobbadog

Post #7 by cobbadog » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:22 am

Pump sounds as if it has been replaced at some stage now having the Asian writing on it but that is no big deal. Following the hydraulic lines from the out side of the pump to the control unit which may be at the pedal or a forward/reverse lever there has to be a valve to release the oil so it can be safely rolled along the ground for when there is a break down. This should not spill oil on the ground but allow the flow of oil through the system as the wheels roll.
It is a good question asked, where is the drive motor? This has to drive the tail shaft, and may well be where you can safely unlock the drive to the wheels, if not unbolt the drive motor but leave the lines connected.
Cheers Cobba

Topic author
oldtime

Post #8 by oldtime » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:55 am

Well the tailshaft couples the front and back Axel's . The hydraulic motor drive is in a gearcase that goes to the pinion of the back diff . So it does not help much . I am working my way through the wireing . There is a bit in it . The forward and reverse is all solinoids and wires .just keeping at it .

cobbadog

Post #9 by cobbadog » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:13 am

I wish I could help more, sorry.
Cheers Cobba

essexpete

Post #10 by essexpete » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:33 am

Or drop off the prop shaft.

Return to “Dumpers”