Orion brakes

Discuss dumpers here

cobbadog
Flag: Australia

Re: Orion brakes

Post #11 by cobbadog » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:23 am

I have moments like that and don't expect that to improve any time soon.
Yes please, I would like to hear how you get on and get your Dumpy back to work. It is amazing how many people see one and ask if they can borrow it or where to find one for themselves. Out here In Australia they are about but not as many as there is in the UK. Lately newer and bigger models have become popular but there is still a market for the little wee ones. I actually saw some that were built to look like those big mine dump trucks, an enclosed cabin with a safety board over the cab incase any material misses the bin behind the can. Now that is something I would like in the collection.
Cheers Cobba

Topic author
Matchless?58
Flag: Great Britain

Post #12 by Matchless?58 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:30 am

The dumper drives again ! Got my brake shoes back with the new linings . They are now fitted while I was at it I took the opportunity to free off all the linkages and grease everything up , now working best they have ever worked . Handbrake working too so I'm a happy driver now .
Next on the list the gearbox . I have a funny feeling there is more water than oil in it . I think I'm going to open up the top and have a look if lots of water drains out . I can feel another can of worms being opened .
Cheers Chris

Topic author
Matchless?58

Post #13 by Matchless?58 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:40 am

Oh forgot to add cautionary note . If you are following this thread in previous posts I described hammering on the brake drums . Should have said careful persuasion as these drums are cast iron and won't take too much hammering before they smash !
I will admit being a bit over zealous but I got away with it you might not be so lucky .
Cheers Chris

Jeremy Rowland

Post #14 by Jeremy Rowland » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:52 am

Chris, thanks for the update and good luck with your gearbox, whatever the outcome make sure that you try and find out where the water is getting in from and try and prevent anymore water ingress.

Jeremy

Topic author
Matchless?58

Post #15 by Matchless?58 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:41 pm

Thanks Jeremy will do .
Regards Chris

Return to “Dumpers”