Benford vin missing help !!!

Discuss dumpers here

Topic author
Dumper fanatic
Flag: Great Britain

Benford vin missing help !!!

Post #1 by Dumper fanatic » Mon May 06, 2019 6:38 pm

Hello

I have a Benford ( I think ) dumper YKX251J it has the vin plate missing and DVLA refuse to give me the original registration unless I confirm the VIN number !!!!
How crazy are they the guy even said if I was in the car park with the dumper they still would refuse to tell me the vin number
I am told there is sometimes a second Vin put on the chassis on these dumpers ???? Can anyone shed any light on that ????
It has LPH 6143 welded into the chassis NSF behind bucket is this it ????

Thanks in advance. Darren

darren.hilldrup@me.com

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Benford vin missing help !!!

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon May 06, 2019 9:24 pm

Hi Darren and welcome to the forum :wave: I seem to recall that this topic has arisen before but I am not sure what the outcome was? Have you tried contacting Benford?

Jeremy

essexpete

Post #3 by essexpete » Tue May 07, 2019 12:03 am

I think Benford are part of Terex now and tracing may not be possible but someone might be able to confirm if that is the right format for the machine number rather than something added by say the first owner? I wonder what Swansea will say if you gave them that number and the old reg?

Topic author
Dumper fanatic

Post #4 by Dumper fanatic » Tue May 07, 2019 9:01 pm

Apparently they offer no assistance at all it’s just a case of put forward your number and wait for a yes or No.
I just thought I might ask for some help before going down the road of guessing.
It’s unbelievable that if I was a car park clamper I could ask and get the information from them.
But a a individual I am not allowed to have it, I even suggested bringing the dumper to Swansea and meeting him in the car park to prove it’s my dumper, but he said it’s still a no.

Any help greatly appreciated

Topic author
Dumper fanatic

Post #5 by Dumper fanatic » Tue May 07, 2019 9:07 pm

Jeremy Rowland wrote:Hi Darren and welcome to the forum :wave: I seem to recall that this topic has arisen before but I am not sure what the outcome was? Have you tried contacting Benford?

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy thanks for your welcome, I have emailed the current owners of the Benford name as “Benford” don’t to my knowledge exist any more.

cobbadog
Flag: Australia

Post #6 by cobbadog » Fri May 17, 2019 1:20 pm

The ID plate was and still is missing from my Liner Roughrider and I found the chassis number stamped on the frame on the opposite side of the drivers seat (LHS) just behind the bin. It was buried under a gallon of paint. SO as you get to play with your Benford you just might find it when you least expect it. Another place manufacturers can stamp chassis is on the frame near the engine One of the British made tractors we have has it there and again stamped underneath at the back of the engine and in front of the clutch housing. They do like to set a challenge for us at times. Good luck finding it or getting a proper answer soon.
Cheers Cobba

Return to “Dumpers”