1984 Benford Dumper

Discuss dumpers here

Topic author
M@rshall100
Flag: Great Britain

1984 Benford Dumper

Post #1 by M@rshall100 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:33 pm

Hi, looking for a bit of assistance. I'm in the process of getting the above road registered so I can move legally across a road between two plots of land I own. Having sent the paperwork off the the DVLA, they've replied that I need a certificate of manufacture. Having contacted Mecalac who purchased the Benford business form Terex, giving them the chassis and engine numbers from the plates on the dumper, they don't have this on their records. Understandable given the year, and the fact they've updated their system three times since then.

Is there an owners club that can validate my dumper? the paperwork from the DVLA will accept dating evidence from an alternative reliable source. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Jeremy Rowland

Re: 1984 Benford Dumper

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:02 pm

Hi Will and welcome to the site :wave: I hope that somebody on here can advise you; I don't know but would it help if you informed the DVLA that the vehicle is of vintage manufacture?

Jeremy

Topic author
M@rshall100

Post #3 by M@rshall100 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:50 pm

Thanks for the welcome! the dumper sits right on the cusp of being a classic as such. I think they tend to view anything prior to 1983 as being of a particular vintage....

They do have a long list of owners clubs on their website who should be able to assist, but none them appear to be plant machinery specific as such.

It's all a bit challenging as usual!

cobbadog
Flag: Australia

Post #4 by cobbadog » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:13 am

On the David Brown tractor site they have recently had a similar situation with yor DVLA people who were being less than helpful. However someone mentioned another association who were able to help in the trator guy getting his rego. As I am not in the UK I have no idea of the system only what I have read. Look them up as it was in a very recent thread about 1 - 2 weeks ago.
Cheers Cobba

cobbadog

Post #5 by cobbadog » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:20 am

It was the vehicle tax website. It was for him to find the old rego plate he wanted to put back onto his tractor so this may not help. SORRY!

Maybe by contatcting your DVLA people again and put them in the picture explaning that the company went out of bussiness then purchased by the next company who did not carry over the details before the manufacture of your dumpy and offer them a similar model that is on the market. SOmetimes strange things do happen and you get lucky and find a public servant who actually wants to help.
Cheers Cobba

Topic author
M@rshall100

Post #6 by M@rshall100 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:48 pm

I think that's a good idea, there doesn't really appear to be a vintage club that I can identify as being able to help. I'll send the DVLA some more photo's of the vehicle, chassis plate etc and see what comes back.

cobbadog

Post #7 by cobbadog » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:58 am

Good luck with your request and hopefully you will make contact with a 'human' and not some brain dead idiot who simply does not care.

Let us know how you get on.
Cheers Cobba

Return to “Dumpers”