Discuss dumpers here

Topic author
Chrisheth
Flag: Great Britain

Manual for Thwaites Alligator 2.5 Ton

Post #1 by Chrisheth » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:50 pm

Hi again
As I now know the make I’m trying to find various spares
Has anyone got a manual? - I’ll happily pay if someone who has one will make a copy
Otherwise anyone know what model has the same running gear?
Thanks
Chris

cobbadog
Flag: Australia

Re: Manual for Thwaites Alligator 2.5 Ton

Post #2 by cobbadog » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:54 am

Hi Chris,
You will have more luck finding a manual for your make and model dumper than I have with our Liner dumper. I initially used Google to search for a manual and came up with a manual for the engine at least and then on the Winget site a manual for the Newage Coventry gearbox and the diff which covered both drum and disc brakes. If you read through some of the other threads another site for manuals did crop up so possible do a search in this section for workshop manuals for a Thwaites I feel certain you should get a result. Sometimes we have to deal with what we can find and figure it out from there. I have to rebuild the steering box in ours and I have done a search on YouTube and found a similar style of steering box albeit off a Willys Jeep but very similar in construction. This has helped me out a lot and I am confident that I can make some new bushes to suit the sector shaft and I know I can buy the odd looking ball bearings that go top and bottom of the box and steering column.
I hope someone has a manual for you but in the mean time have a little search, you never know what you can find.
Good luck!
Cheers Cobba

Topic author
Chrisheth
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by Chrisheth » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:31 pm

Many thanks

Paulod1963
Flag: Ireland

Post #4 by Paulod1963 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:12 pm

Hi Chris did you have any luck on a manual i have done various searches but not found much on the thwaites alligator. Have found various stuff on engine drum clutch and gearbox

Thanks Paul

Return to “Dumpers”