Battery charge warning light

Discuss dumpers here

Topic author
Whitlock 505
Flag: Wales

Battery charge warning light

Post #1 by Whitlock 505 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:26 pm

Hi

I'm after some advice on why a battery charge warning light is not working on my benford dumper with a ph 2 petter, I renewed the wiring and after much head scratching i cannot get the battery warning light to come on? I wired in an ammeter as per the ph2 wiring diagram and run a wire from the ignition switch to the light and another wire from the alternator marked "ind", I've checked the bulb and that is working, however the alternator has not been wired into anything for some time by the looks of it, I've researched on the net and the light should come on with the ignition and goes out once the alternator starts charging via the "exciter" wire, does the bulb have to be earthed as i tried the light in the holder direct of the battery terminals and it still didnt light up :dizzy:
Any thoughts really appreciated

Thanks
Ian

Topic author
Whitlock 505

Re: Battery charge warning light

Post #2 by Whitlock 505 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:33 pm

Sorted it!! Bought a new durite battery warning light and as the Lucas ignition switch was a 4 position i did not have a live going to the position 1. Could have been that the old one was u/s also but now when I switch on the light comes on and goes out when I rev the engine and stays off, happy days

FOWLER MAN

Re: Battery charge warning light

Post #3 by FOWLER MAN » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:48 pm

Hi Ian,
Glad you've got it sorted. :thumbup:
Fred

Return to “Dumpers”