Old Benford info please

Discuss dumpers here

Topic author
freddyuk

Re: Old Benford info please

Post #31 by freddyuk » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:09 pm

I'm back..... started the old girl after a few months lay up and fired up no problem. As it has been raining here since August I cant really do much without tearing up the garden. There are no ID plates except the old number plate which is no good as it no longer registered. The only ID is on the engine and gearbox. There is a very faded label which I think is "Thwaites". We think it is a Nimbus but not really sure.
I got the wheel rims from David Cornwallis. I was originally sold a pair of rims with tyres which were actually Landrover rims with welded centre so only 15inch. Fair play to David he replaced with these beauties which are correct 16 inch. New tyres off Ebay.
I am just about to replace the front tyres which are probably original! Wheels will clean up. So I have a pair of 15inch 3 stud rims with Landrover tyres fitted and I have my old original 3 stud 16 inch wheels with tyres but they are in poor shape but holding air still. Most I have seen are wheels with a 3 stud centre welded in. The centres are fine so could be welded onto 16 inch rims? All for sale.........
What I need now is some steering ball joints and possibly King pins but have no idea where to go for these or what size they are. ???? Anyone?

cobbadog
Flag: Australia

Post #32 by cobbadog » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:39 am

Would be tricky to weld 15" centres into 16" rims and visa versa as they wont fit. One of the French made vehicles used 3 stud pattern rims but don't know what diameter they were.
With the ball joints, many parts can be cross referenced with another product. Things that must match are the thread size and pitch, length and angle of the taper and the over all length of the ball joint. Don't let the thread size and pitch for the end that attaches to the steering arm as they can be an unusual size as I found out for my Cropmaster tractor.
King pins can be matched by their sizes as well.
Cheers Cobba

Billyg

Post #33 by Billyg » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:25 pm

SHELL PLANT LTD THEY ARE ON THE WEB

Return to “Dumpers”