Benford TT50 help

Discuss dumpers here

Topic author
vijay
Flag: Great Britain

Benford TT50 help

Post #1 by vijay » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:24 pm

Hi,

Getting there with my new purchase but trying to fix a few things. The first one is the wobbly gearstick, it goes into any gear well but it's completely floppy. My mate reckoned there was a bush there, but thanks to the manual found on here, it shows a spring and some sort of retaining clip. The part is available but does anyone know how easy this is to change?

The second is a part I need to source. The manual shows it as number 17 which is part number W153Z but Google came up with nothing. Any idea where I may be able to get one?

Cheers

Vijay

essexpete

Re: Benford TT50 help

Post #2 by essexpete » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:13 pm

Not sure from your picture, which looks like hydraulic components, but with all the old Thwaites/Newage I have had over the years you simply take of the top to access the ball and socket with the sprung loaded plate that rides on top of the selectors. On our last 3ton the ball was worn and I added some weld to the ball and re shaped. Not like new but an improvement with a very wobbly lever.

mechman
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Benford TT50 help

Post #3 by mechman » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:54 pm

Real floppy gear lever on our Winget 4s there are 2 wear pads 1 either side of the ball, anyway one was missing altogether + the selectors were worn where the gear stick fitted into them, so built the stick up with weld(not a lot) and filed to suit the selectors. Much better now and not a lot of guessy guessy. (Winget supplied the new wear pads)

Return to “Dumpers”