Grumpy Dumpy

Discuss dumpers here

Topic author
cobbadog
Flag: Australia

Grumpy Dumpy

Post #1 by cobbadog » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:23 am

I have had this Liner Roughrider for a few years now and just over 12 months ago I threw a tarp over it while I resprayed the David Brown Cropmaster. Grumpy has finally seen the light of day again. So I took out the crank and gave it 3 swings as per usual and dropped the decompression lever and away he went as he had been in full use with out a break. I am dragging him out this weekend and will put him to use as I am hiring a mini excavator to make some changes around the yard and to dig out under a carport to get some roof clearance on a new vehicle coming soon.
As Grumpy has his name so does the crank handle, "starter motor". What else would you call it? :claphands:

https://youtu.be/EbhpdFDhEDk

He has had a wash since this video.
Cheers Cobba

Topic author
cobbadog

Re: Grumpy Dumpy

Post #2 by cobbadog » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:46 am

Well after his first full day of running back and forth being loaded and emptied he ran faultlessly and doing a wonderful job, Grumpy is back in semi retirement after earning a long rest. He certainly is easier to steer when loaded and will be easier again with the correct tri rib tyres. I had to chock the front wheels as the hand brake on the slope was not safe. The little Kubota was hired to lower the ground to give more height for the new vehicle on order. I had to move the flashing light to being inside the roof as it was too close to the beam on the carport. The finished ground height is not 2.500.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers Cobba

Jeremy Rowland

Post #3 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:57 am

'Grumpy' certainly looks to be in great shape. :thumbup:

Jeremy

Topic author
cobbadog

Post #4 by cobbadog » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:24 pm

He looks great and is great. Steering is blody hard with just car tyres on there but until I find the time to change them over with all the other projects I have on the go he will have to wait his turn. The previous owner did the painting and doing preparation before paint was not high on his list. Paint is flaking off in some places to find White paint underneath. This was a common colour to use in underground coal mining so that is possibly where he came from.
Cheers Cobba

Matchless?58
Flag: Great Britain

Post #5 by Matchless?58 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:27 pm

Nice one cobba . I envy all that sunshine it's persisting down every day here ATM . Good luck with your project .
Cheers Chris

Topic author
cobbadog

Post #6 by cobbadog » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:38 am

Thank you Chris, yes it is sunny and Spring time here and a warm 27'C but apparently we are expecting a "La Ninia' event which has to do with ocean temps between here in Oz and South America. This equates to a wet Summer and that usually means a very wet Summer. When we have the droughts like last year and prior it is called "El Ninio". So it is always one or the other, sometime there is a balance but not often.
Cheers Cobba

Return to “Dumpers”