Dumper identification

Discuss dumpers here

Topic author
Ronan Keaveney
Flag: Ireland

Re: Dumper identification

Post #41 by Ronan Keaveney » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:32 am

I still haven't found out the year of it due to not being able to find a chassis number.. I'd say it's 1970s but I have used the shade of yellow and the skip decals that Thwaites used in the 1980s I think.... if anyone has any information or pictures on the Thwaites nimline dumpers it'd be great to hear ..... Cheers

essexpete

Post #42 by essexpete » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:09 am

How does the skip pivot? I would guess our one was mid 60s. The skip was not directly pivoted on a fixed hinge but rather guide rails and stay bars. The skip trip lever was a chunky heavy lever that sat on the platform plate. That was not very nice to use and on ours you could nip your finger if you brakes with your fingers underneath the lever. The later ones seem to have a more vertical long lever.

Topic author
Ronan Keaveney
Flag: Ireland

Post #43 by Ronan Keaveney » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:46 pm

Yes its the same as mine, guide rails and stay bar's.. I had to build up the holes in the bar's as they were so worn they were falling off.. a long lever to release the skip, it's well designed as your hand is back from the skip.... have you any pictures of the 1 you used drive years ago ?

essexpete

Post #44 by essexpete » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:58 pm

I have but not sure where. There is one with me close up at about 13 looking like 10 and one with Dad loading it with our old MF digger.

Return to “Dumpers”