Great Dorset Steam Fair 2013

Do you know about any events or fairs, please let us know

Topic author
Ian Fletcher1970
Flag: Great Britain

Great Dorset Steam Fair 2013

Post #1 by Ian Fletcher1970 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:25 pm

I visited this event today (Part 1) Was well worth it as usual - excellent weather and very dusty - a stark contrast to last years opening day washout! Here's a few pictures. Hoping to meet up with Jeremy Rowland for Part 2 on Friday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

martyn williams

Re: Great Dorset Steam Fair 2013

Post #2 by martyn williams » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:45 am

Looking forward to going there Saturday :thumbup:
Martyn

Jeremy Rowland

Post #3 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:07 pm

Met up with Ian Fletcher at this event today; I would have gone tomorrow to catch up with Martyn Williams too, but I have other arrangements for Saturday. Just a few pics from today, may post some more when they are resized.

Jeremy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

widget

Post #4 by widget » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:21 am

Wonderful photo's of some great kit guys, looks like you had a brilliant time, wish i was there :mrgreen:
keep them coming( i know you have more :lol: )

Richard :thumbup:
I want to rust out not wear out

Jeremy Rowland

Post #5 by Jeremy Rowland » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:44 pm

widget wrote:Wonderful photo's of some great kit guys, looks like you had a brilliant time, wish i was there :mrgreen:

Thanks :thumbup: I will Richard; just need time to resize them, still done in from the journey there and back in one day, plus I've been down to Gloucester to photograph a restored machine today. :dizzy:

Jeremy

Neversweat

Post #6 by Neversweat » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:35 pm

Jeremy Rowland wrote:
widget wrote:Wonderful photo's of some great kit guys, looks like you had a brilliant time, wish i was there :mrgreen:

Thanks :thumbup: I will Richard; just need time to resize them, still done in from the journey there and back in one day, plus I've been down to Gloucester to photograph a restored machine today. :dizzy:

Jeremy

Time to invest in a Motor camper perhaps :D

widget

Post #7 by widget » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:10 pm

Neversweat wrote:
Jeremy Rowland wrote:

Jeremy

Time to invest in a Motor camper perhaps :D

With Wi Fi :lol: :thumbup:

martyn williams

Post #8 by martyn williams » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:56 pm

Just got back from Dorset.
The best thing there was the road roller collection, very impressive.Got invited the other side of the fence in the work area for a chat.Nice to see and have a chat Julian Carder after many years :thumbup:
The downside of this years event were the stalls,spoke to some owners, they are being priced out by the Dorset organizers, Many gaps in that section. The plant display was good with the R B's and Howell Masons TD15. Very dusty conditions with stewards wearing dustmasks. Another highlight was a chap sitting in a portaloo with his trousers around his ankles exposing himself when he did not look the door.A hundred people in the toilet que were in histericks.
My legs are sore and I am covered in dust, my daughter informs me that we walked 9000 steps today.
A good show but they need to keep the stalll holders happy, Welland had much better quality stalls.
Off to bed now, got to be up at 0430 for work on Sunday.Will post some photos soon
Martyn

essexpete

Post #9 by essexpete » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:22 pm

Some good photos and thanks for posting. I like the Whitlock loading the Thames, the dawg looks comfy.

The Inchgreen must be rare, is that the machine talked about on here a few years back?

widget

Post #10 by widget » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:38 am

essexpete wrote:Some good photos and thanks for posting. I like the Whitlock loading the Thames, the dawg looks comfy.

The Inchgreen must be rare, is that the machine talked about on here a few years back?

Hi Pete,
The Inchgreen is a totally new one for me, so i checked back through for the threads you mentioned.......Absolutely brilliant...... one of the best threads i have followed on CMN :brravo:
Here's the link for any newbies like myself.....Inchgreen Backhoe Loader you will love it.....Its well worth a look.

I think these excellent photo's need adding to the thread to keep up the records :thumbup:

Richard

Return to “Events”