NFDC Demo Expo.

Do you know about any events or fairs, please let us know

Jeremy Rowland

Re: NFDC Demo Expo.

Post #11 by Jeremy Rowland » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:53 pm

I attended this event today which is the family day and I must say that I was very impressed by what I saw there :thumbup: a big thank you must be said to both ARMAC and the NFDC for putting on such a spectacular show :claphands:

Perhaps you may wonder what made this event stand out more than either Hillhead or Plantworx or the former SED shows?
The answer is quite simple; they let children into the venue, in these days where large businesses waste countless thousands of pounds on HR and endless tests for new employees and still in most cases fail to get the best man for the job, they have forgotten that you cannot beat good old enthusiasm for the job. The best time to start enthusiasm is as a child and many members on this site can testify that they have started out on relatives machines on farms or the like.

I spoke to Adrian McLean who is one of the directors of ARMAC and he was very happy that this show had been a great success, it is hoped to hold this event biannually and I will look forward to the next show. Adrian informed me that the 'family day' was aimed at generating interest amongst the youngsters and showing them that there was a lot to be offered to them in the demolition industry.

It was also pleasant not to see machines fenced off because of stupid and unwanted over zealous application of HSE bravado.

Amongst the machines on display was the CAT320 that was used in the James Bond film Skyfall, plus some oldies and some new kit to boot :thumbup:

For the kids there was free face painting, trampolines, indoor entertainment, Mickey Mouse and all manor of other good things. There was a steam traction engine that was used to haul an old coach between the car park and the venue entrance plus much more.

It was good to see Nick Drew and Lorna there and also Paul Argent; good to see you all and glad your keeping well :wave:

This first event was a great day out for all and well done to both ARMAC and the NFDC; thank you :brravo:

Jeremy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nick Drew

Re: NFDC Demo Expo.

Post #12 by Nick Drew » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Totally agree with everything Jeremy wrote!! :thumbup:

It was a great day out, and it was, as ever a delight to see you again Jeremy :D I look forward to our next meeting mate :thumbup:

Nick

Return to “Events”