Neath Steam and vintage show 4th & 5th May 2013

Do you know about any events or fairs, please let us know

Topic author
martyn williams

Re: Neath Steam and vintage show 4th & 5th May 2013

Post #11 by martyn williams » Wed May 08, 2013 4:19 pm

Hello Wayne
There was a fair bit of plant at this show . Had conversations with a lot of older plant operators who said these old machines brought back memories of a much harder time working in the construction industry when air con means remove the cab :lol:
No electronics to worry about in those days or cps crap. This is one of the best shows I have been to, a good bunch running the event and hopefully will go from strength to strength :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dpan
Flag: United States of America

Post #12 by dpan » Fri May 10, 2013 1:06 pm

Martyn am sure the old timers enjoyed seeing the equipment seen in pictures, any of us that have been involved in dust and diesel smoke can never forget it and enjoy relating to any one that will listen things that occurred in the "old days". Bet we have moved more dirt than todays operators ever thought of moving under very trying circumstances. Hehe Anyway in our memory's. Don't know how we ever got out of the parking lots at the bars we frequented as the dirt was piled so high. Sure we have bad mouthed all the new technology but joy sticks in enclosed environment sure makes for a more relaxing time in bar. Hehe.

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #13 by martyn williams » Fri May 10, 2013 10:09 pm

It was very interesting to hear some of the tales of fitters and plant operators as they remembered the days on these classic machines.
Harder times, but could not have been that bad as they obviously had fond memories of the days when they were free from the constraints of the over the top safety culture we have nowerdays. I guess its the same every where, as I remember better days on the railways when we had true craftsmen and a good work ethic. We are swamped with gobbledygook bollocks these days l;ike "mission statements" and team players etc etc :dizzy:
The organisers of this event are true plant men and enthusiasts, I think that what makes this show so enjoyable.Like minded people and a genuine interest from the general public.Having a great time and raising money for good causes Thats what its all about :thumbup:
Martyn

Return to “Events”