ACMOC (Antique Caterpillar Machinery Owners Club) AGM.....

Do you know about any events or fairs, please let us know

Topic author
John Gaunt
Flag: Great Britain

ACMOC (Antique Caterpillar Machinery Owners Club) AGM.....

Post #1 by John Gaunt » Thu May 01, 2008 10:40 pm

The ACMOC AGM will take place at Robert Wilson's (outgoing chairman) on Saturday 3rd May.
The event is limited to club members only.
I've been at Robert's today helping to prepare for Saturday, and I can tell you that it is going to be quite an event. Robert has possibly the most extensive collection of antique CAT's in the UK, ranging from Best and Holt machines from the pre Caterpillar era (Caterpillar was formed by the merger of Best and Holt in 1925), up to and including D9, with just about everything in between. One of Robert's favourites, is his Gas Seventy, one of only 266 made. This is a D8 size machine (about the same size as a D8R), but is Gas (petrol) rather than Diesel, pleased I don't have to buy the fuel for it !
Also taking centre stage will be Robert's plough which he designed and made himself. This has 17 furrows, and is pulled behind a D9 18A tractor.
Another rare machine is Robert's 1939 D5. This is basically a 7J D4 with a 5 roller track frame with a D4600 engine - a 6 cylinder unit which was fitted to the first 6 cylinder D6. It is believed that only 46 of these trators were made, and aparantly only three are known to exist today.

Sadly I was too busy today to take any pictures, but I'm sure there will be some posted over the next day or two.

If you are an ACMOC member, I strongly suggest you don't miss this event, if you are not a member, then maybe you should consider joining, which you can do by contacting our secretary David Wills at acmoc@fsmail.net.

Must dash now and get some sleep as I'm on duty again tomorrow.

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Re: ACMOC (Antique Caterpillar Machinery Owners Club) AGM.....

Post #2 by Holger » Fri May 02, 2008 9:10 am

Hmmm ... no invitation for CMN members? :cry:

:mrgreen:
Some resources:
How-To

martyn williams

Post #3 by martyn williams » Fri May 02, 2008 2:37 pm

Hello John
Spoke to Allan Wilson last night,Rob was out bell ringing.Will take lots of photo's for this site.As John said,we are looking for new members to join the club,you don't have to own a Caterpillar to become a member.There are a lot of interesting events organised by this club through the year with a chance to get up close to see these machines at work.There a a few Cat club members on the CMN site.Please join us for a modest fee and a get very good magazine from the UK chapter and the US chapter.
Looking forward to this event.
Martyn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

d4c24a

Post #4 by d4c24a » Fri May 02, 2008 5:43 pm

i have to work tomorrow so i can,t make , :( but i hope to make it to russells do :thumbs_up:
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

Topic author
John Gaunt

Post #5 by John Gaunt » Fri May 02, 2008 9:46 pm

Hello Holger,
I'm afraid we can't invite CMN members to this event (unless they are also ACMOC members).
As Martyn says, the ACMOC is excellent value for money, and attending events like this (which cost a lot of time and effort to stage) is one of the benefits of being a member, another being the very good quality magazines and articles from both UK and US.
Furthermore this particular meeting is the annual general meeting, where ACMOC members vote to elect the officers of the club, it wouldn't do for non-members to be involved in this activity.
There is, however, nothing to prevent anyone from CMN joining ACMOC if this is an area of their interest.

Nick Drew

Post #6 by Nick Drew » Fri May 02, 2008 10:05 pm

Hope you all have a great time at your upcoming events :thumbs_up:

Please don't forget to spread the word to your fellow ACMOC members about the forum here at CMN :thumbs_up: :D

Nick :mrgreen:

Rolyd8k

Post #7 by Rolyd8k » Sat May 03, 2008 5:01 pm

i had hoped to make ACMOC at Home Farm today,but had a bad
water leak from an in house stop-cock and no plumber around :evil:
hope someone takes plenty of photo,s :thumbs_up:
Roly

Topic author
John Gaunt

Post #8 by John Gaunt » Sat May 03, 2008 8:51 pm

It's a great shame you couldn't make it Roly. I took loads of pictures today (70 odd) will post some today, others to follow, anything specific your'e interested in ?

Was a TERRIFIC day !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by John Gaunt on Sun May 04, 2008 9:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nick Drew

Post #9 by Nick Drew » Sat May 03, 2008 9:00 pm

Lookin forward to your pics John :thumbs_up:

Hope you all had a great day !! ;)

Nick :D

martyn williams

Post #10 by martyn williams » Sat May 03, 2008 11:24 pm

As John said,a great day out will post pictures over the next few days.I have been speading the word about CMN. We will be trying to boost the ACMOC membership this year,we have a few ideas.I will be arranging a visit very soon to K J SERVICES Rhymney in June/July,will post details shortly.Todays venue has to be one of the best Caterpillar collections in the world.I counted 57 Cats in one shed,5 D9's in the collection :dizzy:

Return to “Events”