Truckfest Peterborough 2009

Do you know about any events or fairs, please let us know

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Truckfest Peterborough 2009

Post #1 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon May 04, 2009 9:25 pm

Hi Folks,

Well I sort of decided last minute to have a look at Truckfest down at Peterborough, I have never been before but it was a good day out.
Took shed loads of pictures including the Scania that TC rebuilt (I'm pretty sure its the one) nice job TC :thumbs_up:
Always hard to decide which pics to post so I've selected a few bits of everything.

Jeremy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Re: Truckfest Peterborough 2009

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon May 04, 2009 9:41 pm

The next lot of pics.............................................

Jeremy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

john345me

Post #3 by john345me » Mon May 04, 2009 9:44 pm

the art work on these trucks are :thumbs_up: must take hours to do :dizzy:

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #4 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon May 04, 2009 9:50 pm

john345me wrote:the art work on these trucks are :thumbs_up: must take hours to do :dizzy:

Yes John the quality of the artwork was fantastic you could see the effort put into these wagons was something to behold, and they were clean and tidy throughout too could of eaten your dinner off em :lol:

Jeremy

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #5 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon May 04, 2009 10:04 pm

Last lot of pics for the moment............

Jeremy

DozerDave

Post #6 by DozerDave » Tue May 05, 2009 3:48 pm

Perhaps of interest to mention for truck fans that one of the guys from "Ice Road Truckers", Drew Sherwood is making an appearence at the Barnard Castle Truck Show starting Aug 29th and is a three day event, as mentioned in today's Northern Echo (Darlington).

"I have known him for some time through the haulage industry, so I am paying for him and his wife to fly over from Canada" says John Toulson, the event organiser. Its expected up to 500 trucks from all over the UK will be on show.

Some interesting photos from Peterborough......

d4c24a

Post #7 by d4c24a » Tue May 05, 2009 5:20 pm

visit a proper ice road trucker , http://www.kingofobsolete.ca/winter_roa ... EBPAGE.htm
what he gets up to makes hugh ,drew, and the other prat look like tesco drivers :lol:
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

si25

Post #8 by si25 » Tue May 05, 2009 7:24 pm

i was there too. first visit to truckfest as i usually dont have the time for the degree of "bullshit" that some drivers go to, to keep their truck pristine. i'm all for looking after trucks and machines you cant expect to see some rolling art demonstrations on british roads as one stone chip would crucify you!
hats off to all the "working"trucks that were on display tho. a very good tunrout indeed.
"toy soldier"

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Post #9 by tctractors » Tue May 05, 2009 9:08 pm

I had a good laugh at the "Ice Road Wankers" they would stuggle to deliver a load for Tescos, all they had was a road in the shape of a Y and still managed to take the wrong turn, then drive for hours and hit the only other truck on the road,plus all that " sittin and WHEATING, my brain went numb watching it, they would be well advised to sub out their bit of Haulage to a Co, from Ireland (north or south) they would do it all in a weekend and get a back load??? Ice Road Truckers are a waste of good Diesel.

giving it the boot tctractors.

d4c24a

Post #10 by d4c24a » Tue May 05, 2009 9:19 pm

tctractors wrote:I had a good laugh at the "Ice Road Wankers" they would stuggle to deliver a load for Tescos, all they had was a road in the shape of a Y and still managed to take the wrong turn, then drive for hours and hit the only other truck on the road,plus all that " sittin and WHEATING, my brain went numb watching it, they would be well advised to sub out their bit of Haulage to a Co, from Ireland (north or south) they would do it all in a weekend and get a back load??? Ice Road Truckers are a waste of good Diesel.

giving it the boot tctractors.

:lol: :lol: :thumbs_up:
i watched american loggers the other day a trailer had tipped over while sat in the yard with no unit
they were grabbing the logs off ,but had to be carefull as it could flip back up and kill them :lol:
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

Return to “Events”