Lad's evening with a digger or two

Do you know about any events or fairs, please let us know

Topic author
pcc

Lad's evening with a digger or two

Post #1 by pcc » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:34 pm

I am looking for sugestions on how i can entertain some friends with some sort of machine skill test, none of them have operated a machine before so needs to be something achiveable. i have 3-20 ton machines at my disposal and a concrete yard i dont want dug up! your thoughts of something simple please.

Robban_C

Re: Lad's evening with a digger or two

Post #2 by Robban_C » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:54 pm

Attach a plastic bottle in a bucket and fill the bottle half way up with water.
Let them fill a glass with water from the bucket. The shortest time wins.
Volvo had this as a competition on the Volvo days a few years ago.

I filled the cap of the bottle instead. It was a little more challenging. :mrgreen: :thumbs_up:
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

Topic author
pcc

Post #3 by pcc » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:14 pm

Thanks for that Robert, i will keep that in mind, i have a couple of months to go yet, i want to make it entertaining and fun.

Robban_C

Post #4 by Robban_C » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:21 am

I just remembered another one.
Have some foot balls and a barrel. Let them pick up the foot balls with a grapple (if you have one for your digger) and put them in the barrel. The shortest time on 3 foot balls wins. Or the most foot balls in the barrel out of 10 foot balls wins.
If you don´t have a grappel you might try having the foot balls below a slope (if you have one) so they can be picked up by a bucket.

But you´ll need lots of foot balls! :mrgreen:
And the grappel might be hard on your concrete yard.

And another one is hanging a short piece of a tube or a round bar i a string from one of the teeth on a bucket and let your friends put that hanging round bar into a few bigger pipes. Some pieces of sewer pipes will do. And that round bar might be just about anything long enough to hang vertical such as a screw driver or whatever you can find.
And as the other ones, shortest time wins.
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

Topic author
pcc

Post #5 by pcc » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:39 pm

Thanks for that Robban, good chance i will get a good turn out for this Round Table event. They will be expecting something fun to do with Plant and your thoughts have been a great help, any more iders please keep them coming and remember most of them have never been near a piece of plant so what ever i decide to do needs to be do- able. saying that i have a couple of farmers who i think are secret operaters so will have to put them at a slight disadvantage some how as i bet they will be thinking they will walk it. Its a shame i cant compete as this is one event i could have had a bloody good chance of winning.

John Gaunt
Flag: Great Britain

Post #6 by John Gaunt » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:59 am

Find a short piece of pipe (Plastic downpipe) into which will just fit a tennis ball.
Set the pipe vertically.
Attach a tennis ball to one of the teeth of the bucket with a short (12 inch) length of string. The challenge is to drop the ball into the pipe.

Return to “Events”