Hillhead 2018

Do you know about any events or fairs, please let us know

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Hillhead 2018

Post #1 by Jeremy Rowland » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:20 pm

I am sure that other CMN members attended this superb event which gives those who go the chance to see some of the latest developments in the machinery and equipment market.
I am posting just a few of the photos I took for once I did not take as many as usual but it was exceptionally hot down in the quarry so wondering around was very tiring, nonetheless 100% better than if it was peeing down of rain.
I was glad to meet up with Nick Drew there and also see Paul Argent they are both well :thumbup:
Naturally as a great fan of JCB I was happy to see the new 'X' series in operation; I know from speaking to Julian Carder that JCB have gone to great lengths to get this machine right and overcome some of the issues associated with older generation JCB 360 machines, Nick Drew has had a play in one and liked it very much, please forgive me if I am blowing the JCB trumpet here I know that there are many great machines out there but from the point of view of British manufacturing I treasure JCB as they are one of the last great British companies left that have not be sold off, taken over or gone to the wall so long may they reign. :thumbup:
The only thing I was disappointed to see was that battery power is now making its way into the construction machinery market :thumbdown: in my opinion this is a waste of time but I will wait longer before I 'don' my 'told you so' teeshirt.

Jeremy

XS650
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Hillhead 2018

Post #2 by XS650 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:11 am

That JCB Hi Viz dumper looks interesting, forward vision on the big dumpers is bad specially with a heaped load.
Craig
Not all those who wander are lost.

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Re: Hillhead 2018

Post #3 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:48 am

XS650 wrote:That JCB Hi Viz dumper looks interesting, forward vision on the big dumpers is bad specially with a heaped load.
Craig

The JCB Hi-Viz dumper is one of their new products I think that if I recall correctly the operators seat swivels around so the driver drives it in the other direction, looks a very interesting piece of kit. :thumbup:

Jeremy

Return to “Events”