Tractor World Newbury 2017

Do you know about any events or fairs, please let us know

Topic author
hair bear
Flag: Great Britain

Tractor World Newbury 2017

Post #1 by hair bear » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:30 pm

Just a reminder, 7-8th October.
If a LandRover doesn't leak oil, it's run out.

Topic author
hair bear

Re: Tractor World Newbury 2017

Post #2 by hair bear » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:36 pm

I remembered it was this weekend, and that's where it all went wrong...
Barrelled off down the M4, left sunglasses at home. Rats. Never mind, press on. Hmm, no reading glasses either. Oh well, I'm sure I can manage. Got directed to the farthest row in the carpark, car behind me gets front row in the next block, I should have let him past on the slip road. This is when I discover I forgot batteries for the camera. Not a huge issue as I forgot the poxy camera as well! Worse still, I can't find my phone so no photos at all. Sorry.
Any how, the weather was perfect for this type of show but I thought £10 entry was a bit steep. Then I saw the rip-off prices on the food and felt better for remembering sandwiches.
A quite diverse range of tractors on display, all of them a credit to their owners. Some unusual appearances were a IHC 2+2 'Snoopy' on the International club stand, and an International-County All Wheel Drive. Also in the red corner was an MF 21 which is concoction of a 2 cylinder Hanomag engine coupled to what looked like an Allis B rear end with an FE35 style bonnet! Also a nice MF 550 which was for sale but I managed to loose the guys phone no., (I wonder if it's an age thing?! Saved me £4.5k though). On the blue side there was a US Ford 6000 and a County FC1004 - haven't seen one of those for probably 40 years! Big showing from David Brown but only one John Deere. Some unusual French tractors but again can't remember what they were and difficult without pics. A good outing too from the scale traction engines and a nice lineup of stationary engines doing their thing.
There were many tractors in original off farm condition, but something I've not seen before is that there were several dotted about that were unrestored, and looked really oily - almost like they had been washed down front to back with diesel. Thinking on now I'm back home, I wonder if they had been treated to 'clear-coating' as is the in thing with ratrod car enthusiasts. Sorry if your machine is one of them, it just doesn't work for me. Unfortunately it's second nature to see what looks like oil where it shouldn't be and assume there's something wrong.
For extra interest there was four rows of classic and vintage trucks, coaches, vans, and fire engines. Not bad for a tractor show.
I'm hoping someone else got there an got some photos.
And the phone? Found when I got home in the back of the car at the bottom of a box of sockets where it was scooped to after an unplanned altercation with a semi-deceased Range Rover yesterday. I do sometimes wonder why I get out of bed...

Jeremy Rowland

Post #3 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:43 am

hair bear wrote:I remembered it was this weekend, and that's where it all went wrong...
Barrelled off down the M4, left sunglasses at home. Rats. Never mind, press on. Hmm, no reading glasses either. Oh well, I'm sure I can manage. Got directed to the farthest row in the carpark, car behind me gets front row in the next block, I should have let him past on the slip road. This is when I discover I forgot batteries for the camera. Not a huge issue as I forgot the poxy camera as well! Worse still, I can't find my phone so no photos at all. Sorry.
Any how, the weather was perfect for this type of show but I thought £10 entry was a bit steep. Then I saw the rip-off prices on the food and felt better for remembering sandwiches.
A quite diverse range of tractors on display, all of them a credit to their owners. Some unusual appearances were a IHC 2+2 'Snoopy' on the International club stand, and an International-County All Wheel Drive. Also in the red corner was an MF 21 which is concoction of a 2 cylinder Hanomag engine coupled to what looked like an Allis B rear end with an FE35 style bonnet! Also a nice MF 550 which was for sale but I managed to loose the guys phone no., (I wonder if it's an age thing?! Saved me £4.5k though). On the blue side there was a US Ford 6000 and a County FC1004 - haven't seen one of those for probably 40 years! Big showing from David Brown but only one John Deere. Some unusual French tractors but again can't remember what they were and difficult without pics. A good outing too from the scale traction engines and a nice lineup of stationary engines doing their thing.
There were many tractors in original off farm condition, but something I've not seen before is that there were several dotted about that were unrestored, and looked really oily - almost like they had been washed down front to back with diesel. Thinking on now I'm back home, I wonder if they had been treated to 'clear-coating' as is the in thing with ratrod car enthusiasts. Sorry if your machine is one of them, it just doesn't work for me. Unfortunately it's second nature to see what looks like oil where it shouldn't be and assume there's something wrong.
For extra interest there was four rows of classic and vintage trucks, coaches, vans, and fire engines. Not bad for a tractor show.
I'm hoping someone else got there an got some photos.
And the phone? Found when I got home in the back of the car at the bottom of a box of sockets where it was scooped to after an unplanned altercation with a semi-deceased Range Rover yesterday. I do sometimes wonder why I get out of bed...

Never mind Rob I think we all have 'one of those days' from time to time, it's just annoying but it was a good show from what you were saying so was worth your trip in the end, as for the entry prices and food prices well that's standard 'rip off Britain' for you. The trouble is the food stall holders have to pay exorbitant prices for their pitch so they pass the cost onto 'Joe public' what makes me very cross is where friends have been to certain concerts and the event organisers prevent you from taking food or drink of your own in so the food stall holders have a 'captive market' this should be illegal, just wish somebody would challenge it in court.
Anyway a good time was had in the end; perhaps somebody else on here may have also attended and post some photos. :thumbup:

Jeremy

Topic author
hair bear

Post #4 by hair bear » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:48 pm

I hope so. I'd like to know their views of the oily shine finish on some.

Return to “Events”