Gloucestershire Steam Vintage & Country Extravaganza

Do you know about any events or fairs, please let us know

Topic author
Harrykj1972
Flag: Great Britain

Gloucestershire Steam Vintage & Country Extravaganza

Post #1 by Harrykj1972 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:19 pm

Hi all, this is my first post so I hope I get it right, this is a great forum for information and help and info with classic plant and machinery.

Anyway to get to the point of this posting, I have been helping with the Gloucestershire Vintage & Country Extravaganza held at South Cerney airfield now for over a decade. This event is completely volunteer run! and the vast amount of any profits go to helping many charities. This is probably the biggest show of its kind held in the county and one of the biggest in the country. I suspect a lot of users of the forum will have visited the show over the 43 years it has been running. A couple of years ago we decided to start a plant and machinery section, but we seem to be a bit thin on the ground still with numbers for exhibitors. We try to take as much as we can, with are fleet of growing dumpers, old concrete mixers, rollers and such, as-well as a backhoe loader. Amazingly, there is a lot of interest from the public, because they aren't normally able to get close up to this kind of equipment and have a chat with the owners, and children find it all especially fascinating.

So I would like to invite any member of the forum or anybody else for that matter who would be interested in coming a long to the show held on the 4th/5th and 6th of August to bring along some plant or machinery. You are welcome to come and it's a great weekend, and free if you exhibit. Please contact John Stickland via email; plant.svtec@hotmail.com

Here is a link to the shows web page for any one wishing to take a look!

http://www.glosvintageextravaganza.co.uk/

Many thanks, hope to see and meet some of you there. Harry

Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Re: Gloucestershire Steam Vintage & Country Extravaganza

Post #2 by Mrsmackpaul » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:08 pm

Welcome to the forum Paul

would great to see some photos of the event when held
Sorry Im of little to no use on the other side of the world but I do know little kids get a kick out of seeing machines up close and for a lot these days its the first contact they have with any plant at all

Hope it all goes well for the show

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Jeremy Rowland

Post #3 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:46 am

Hi Paul and welcome I will see if I can attend this event this year I do hope that you find more classic plant enthusiasts to bring machinery to this event, you really need to speak to many of the lads who exhibit their machines at Welland as they may decide to take plant to your event as well. :thumbup:

Jeremy

BulldozerD11T
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by BulldozerD11T » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:02 pm

Here is a few of the exhibits from 2016 i saw last off in the plant section.

and a selection from other sections

Also lots of trucks and steam as well

allmost too much to get round in a day :thumbup:

Dave

Return to “Events”