Demo Expo 2015

Do you know about any events or fairs, please let us know

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Re: Demo Expo 2015

Post #11 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:01 pm

A few more :thumbup:

Jeremy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #12 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:00 pm

Neversweat wrote:
Jeremy Rowland wrote:Steve what a pity you didn't come yesterday we could have met up; alas perhaps we need to try and get many CMN members to meet up at an event; the closest was two Hillhead's ago now I think the final count was about nine of us.
Yes its a great event and there was something there for every body; a cracking event all round well done the NFDC :claphands: :bow:

Jeremy

Couldn't get off work yesterday Jeremy :( Graham and I were at Plantworx the same day as you but didn't realise until we saw your post on here about attending. There were loads of families there today and not H&S mad either. Glad I went.

What a shame we didn't bump into each other at Plantworx; that was quite crowded though so not easy to bump into folk; yes the Demo Expo is great with an easy going attitude to encourage youngsters into the trade instead of driving them away with H&S crap; and that's coming from somebody who looks after H&S :lol:

Jeremy

Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Post #13 by Mrsmackpaul » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:53 pm

looks like there was great weather to be had over there and great event to be had

the "Duel Fuel" is quite a smart idea I have never seen or heard of that before

thanks for sharing

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #14 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:58 am

Mrsmackpaul wrote:looks like there was great weather to be had over there and great event to be had

the "Duel Fuel" is quite a smart idea I have never seen or heard of that before

thanks for sharing

Paul

Yes Paul it was a great show the weather initially looked very overcast but cleared up during the day; when I asked "fancy a duel" I was referring to the fact that the burger people had stuck an advert on the side of that truck for the old film called Duel in which the actor Dennis Weaver (I think it was him) had a running with a trucker who was driving a similar truck to the one they were using to sell burgers with, it was not a duel fuel truck.
Duel fuel vehicles that immediately spring to mind are; the Chieftain tank that was powered by a Leyland opposed piston engine that you could run on anything and some American army vehicles the Deuce and a half as it was referred to and some older items of plant used a duel fuel starting system.
Of course with all this environmental nonsense we are seeing more hybrid vehicles that use various combinations of battery and fuel power but give me a good old internal combustion engine any day. :thumbup:

Jeremy

Return to “Events”