M123A1C tractor.

Post #1 by rvannatta » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:36 am

Here is our M123A1c truck converted to civilian use hauling out dozer around

ImageImage

dozeron

Re: M123A1C tractor.

Post #2 by dozeron » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:56 am

Hi Robert,
As soon as I saw the shot of the semi pulling the dozer I remembered the Vanatta pages I think I saw a number of years ago via the HCEA Website. I recall there was a shot of a Mack truck that had tipped over while dumping and badly twisted the chassic. Good to make contact, best regards, Dozeron.

Topic author
rvannatta

Post #3 by rvannatta » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:16 am

dozeron wrote:Hi Robert,
As soon as I saw the shot of the semi pulling the dozer I remembered the Vanatta pages I think I saw a number of years ago via the HCEA Website. I recall there was a shot of a Mack truck that had tipped over while dumping and badly twisted the chassic. Good to make contact, best regards, Dozeron.

yep, my site is linked in from HECA and has been for years. The site keeps growing as I add things to it. If you havent been there for a few years you might want to look again as I have added quite a bit of stuff in the last couple of years.

Got a digital camera and the quality of my photos on the newer pages has gone up quite a bit. I started the site nearly a dozen years ago, and I had only a poor scanner then and little ability to edit photos, and over time I got better and better scanners and then a digital camera, and a few weeks ago and even higher resolution digital camera (a Pentax K10)
that can make for a pretty spectacular photo.

robert
http://www.vannattabros.com
camera.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #4 by Holger » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:40 am

Wow, that truck is pretty raw!
What did the army use it for?
And what are the differences to before converted to civilian use?
Some resources:
How-To

Ross

Post #5 by Ross » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:41 pm

Theres a guy near were I use to work. He had one of these EX US military Vehicles. He said it will run on almost anything :o :o Amazing

Ross

Topic author
rvannatta

Post #6 by rvannatta » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:53 pm

Holger wrote:Wow, that truck is pretty raw!
What did the army use it for?
And what are the differences to before converted to civilian use?

It is the US army 10 tonner of the Vietnam War Era, although the basic design dates back directly to World War II.

It is quite military stock as shown in this photo except we changed the 5th wheel to a standard (or the US anyway) size.
It came with an oversized off highway 5th wheel (with a larger king pin).

The army used it it for (gasp) heavy hauling. ---With a lowboy behind it they hauled tanks and bulldozers.

Most of the veterns of the Vietnam war that I have heard from that drove the things were in engineering companies
and they had a lowboy for it, the standard army dozer was a D-7 and that is what they hauled as ann engineering company.

Armoured units hauled their tanks around with it.

In World War II and older version--- usualy with a bed on the back for hauling ammo, as assigned to heavy artillary units for pulling the largest of the artillary pieces that the US forces had. (typically the 8" howitizer) which in that era was towed.

Return to “Military Equipment”