HYMAC 580CT RARE!

Show us bogged in machines here

Topic author
newjcb123uk

HYMAC 580CT RARE!

Post #1 by newjcb123uk » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:58 pm

Heres some pics of a machine I sold to a customer who hadn't paid for it yet! He rand to inform me that I'd better get down and get "My" machine unstuck as the track had come off!!! :o It took my lads the best part of 3 days as the farmer who shall remain nameless (unless your a hitman out of work :P ) refused to lend us a tractor or anything. Nightmare after nightmare unfolded - The farmer stole the diesel out of it so it airlocked the next morning, a pipe burst in the middle of it all, the battery went dead and we couln't start it for ages, and to add insult to injury when we eventually got it unstuck the farmer wanted me to guarentee the engine for a year.

I eventually threw the head up as I knew I was dealing with a con man :cry: However when I went to lift the machine the farmer had stolen the bucket. :dizzy:

The only satisfaction I got out of the whole episode was driving up to the farmer the next week and telling him exactly what I thought of him :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: - My language certainly damaged the ozone layer that day! You live-you learn! :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A man reaps what he sows"

tone_rmz250

Re: HYMAC 580CT RARE!

Post #2 by tone_rmz250 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:15 pm

thats a very clean looking machine obveously been well looked after! are you in to your hymacs? think your going to get on very well with our hymac moderator nick drew hes offline for a few days as hes just moved house :D

Jeremy Rowland

Post #3 by Jeremy Rowland » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:31 pm

Cracking pics there Chris :thumbs_up:

Shame about all the aggro that goes with em :dizzy:

Look forward to more Hymac, jcb and Priestman pics from you. :D

Jeremy

Neil D
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by Neil D » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:12 am

I saw one of these about 10-12 years ago in a local tractor dealers yard-also remember being told that the 580CT was the forerunner of the 580D.

Neil

hair bear

Post #5 by hair bear » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:30 pm

I'm sure I've posted this picture before...

The 580 in the background appears to have '580 CT' on the side panel yet it has a raked cab rather than the square type in previous pics. I'm guessing I'll need to go looking for a plate somewhere but if it is a CT how rare is it?

That's about the best I can do for now. It's still in regular use but getting a decent image of it in a clear place isn't easy. If there's interest I'll have another try next time.
If a LandRover doesn't leak oil, it's run out.

Jeremy Rowland

Post #6 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:14 pm

Rob that is definitely a 580C and not a 580CT the CT was fitted with an 890 style cab and servo controls; I know that they are rare and know of one although I have not had the chance to go and take some photos of it, I have no idea how many were built but I suspect that most were probably sold in Sweden?

Jeremy

hair bear

Post #7 by hair bear » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:29 pm

Thanks Jeremy. You've now got me intreaged as to what the lettering is it's on the side panel facing the camera, as you look at it the opposite end to the missing panel, could the panel have been swapped? Where would I find an ID plate? Not a machine I have much to do with so no clue where to start.

Jeremy Rowland

Post #8 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:36 pm

hair bear wrote:Thanks Jeremy. You've now got me intreaged as to what the lettering is it's on the side panel facing the camera, as you look at it the opposite end to the missing panel, could the panel have been swapped? Where would I find an ID plate? Not a machine I have much to do with so no clue where to start.

there are two ID plates; one in the cab and the lubrication panel at the front of the machine opposite the cab where the serial number is usually stamped, it will be interesting to see some closer photos of the machine and the serial number if possible. :thumbup: I have seen machines labelled with different numbers for whatever reason.

Jeremy

hair bear

Post #9 by hair bear » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:40 pm

Ok then,

This is the only marking on it.

Unfortunately both plates are bleached clean.

Jeremy Rowland

Post #10 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:57 pm

Hi Rob despite the sticker on the side this machine is definitely a 580C and not a CT if you look at the side sticker then the letter 'T' is chunkier than the letter 'C' looking like somebody added it to the machine afterwards. Thanks for the pics. :thumbup:

Jeremy

Return to “Accidents and Bogged in machines”