JCB Dumpster- This ones going nowhere in a hurry!

Show us bogged in machines here

Topic author
IBH

JCB Dumpster- This ones going nowhere in a hurry!

Post #1 by IBH » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:11 pm

Not the most exciting incident you'll see on this forum but a JCB Dumpster TD10 being used by my gaffer shed one of its tracks as he was trying to turn around on a hardstanding after trying to push forward a heap of tree branches/bush cuttings (not a brilliant move :doh: ), a task for which a Dumpster isn't really suited.

It didn't help that the tracks were quite stretched/slack already beforehand as nobody at the organisation for which he works and I volunteer at seem to bother to carry out any checks, greasing etc
Fortunately the track came off on a tarmacadam surface rather than on soil so when Speedy Hire's mechanic/fitter came out he very quickly jacked up the Dumpster using a trolley jack and inserting axle stands at the front and rear to give him enough room to get the track back on which I helped him with. Being a kindly soul I recalled some of tctractors battles so I cleared away all the muck and pieces thorny bush littered around to make the mechanic/fitters life slightly easier :lol:
He adjusted the Idler (?) at the front and I think pushed the track over by hand and then got me to operate the control lever for that particular track as he pushed the track on with a long iron bar first by running it forwards then backwards until the whole track was on, after which he pumped some grease in to the track frame and proceed to drive the Dumpster about before leaving.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Joes1989
Flag: Great Britain

Re: JCB Dumpster- This ones going nowhere in a hurry!

Post #2 by Joes1989 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:23 pm

We had the same problem the other week with a hired in Kubota KX161! I was tracking it out of the building when i got a shout that the track was off! We called our fitter and he came out and popped it back on in about 20 minutes!

zng109

Re: JCB Dumpster- This ones going nowhere in a hurry!

Post #3 by zng109 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:55 pm

thats the beauty of the hinowa!, lift the bucket, drop a log in the hole, drop the bucket and it lifts its self! done it a couple of times, and fair play to the guy who cleared the area for the mech, normally you loose your tracks in small ponds or rubbish piles :claphands:

by the way the prototype dumpster from JCB is not so good, the rad blew on its first job!
why buy when you can hire?

Return to “Accidents and Bogged in machines”