idiots

Show us bogged in machines here

Topic author
go back

idiots

Post #1 by go back » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:09 pm

went to work today on a site in ottery st mary on a cat 307 on groundworks when i found a 6 inch metal gas main i spent a hour working round it when the site forman bollacked me for not digging it out because it was dead at that point he put a disc cutter through it and it was live :dizzy: this is the same man that said i could not drive the machine because i had the wrong boots :doh: where do these people get there jobs :lol: :thumbs_up:

Nick Drew

Re: idiots

Post #2 by Nick Drew » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:18 pm

Sadly there seems to be more and more of them on sites these days !! :dizzy: :dizzy:

The worse ones are the little jumped up nobodys who have been given a bit of shout and it goes straight to their heads !! :lol: :lol:

Nick :doh:

Jeremy Rowland

Post #3 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:19 pm

You couldn't make it up could you? :dizzy:
Sorry but there's no way I would cut through any gas pipe unless it was me who had turned off the gas first..............
Lucky there wasn't a rather big bang and nothing left of the gent concerned. :shock:

Jeremy

Topic author
go back

Post #4 by go back » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:27 pm

had a laugh at him when we all went home and i made him sign my ticket for the full shift because he demanded yesterday that is what i had to do as it is sunday after all :lol: and then asked if he new any comman sense or had he not been on that course yet :dizzy:

Joes1989
Flag: Great Britain

Post #5 by Joes1989 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:04 pm

Thats ridiculous!

I was on a site where they were giving labourers abit of authority and they ended up giving out these red and yellow cards willy nilly! Even red carded a guy for not puttin shutters on at night! We kept finding them doing things that everyone would deem unsafe and asking them why they werent red carding eachother....Jokers!

Joe

d4c24a

Post #6 by d4c24a » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:44 pm

something springs to mind here ,but i just can,t put my finger on it yet :)

Joe why did he not put his shutters on ,after all they are not an ornament,he may have got his cards if he had no windows in the morning
this picture is taken where there is a 24 hr security man with dog
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

martyn williams

Post #7 by martyn williams » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:10 pm

This just sums up what is wrong with British industry.The firm I work for is a good example.Preach safety,but when it costs money turn the other way.
The HSE and "safety" managers have got it all wrong.Instead of instilling safe working methods with a bit of common,they come up with stupid ideas and risk assesments that can cause more accidents than they prevent. :dizzy:
On top of that you then get managers /formen who have not got a clue.Thank god I work alone all the time.If I make a cockup it my fault.
Martyn

RichardJW~

Post #8 by RichardJW~ » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:01 pm

B100 LOADER wrote:This just sums up what is wrong with British industry.The firm I work for is a good example.Preach safety,but when it costs money turn the other way.
The HSE and "safety" managers have got it all wrong.Instead of instilling safe working methods with a bit of common,they come up with stupid ideas and risk assesments that can cause more accidents than they prevent. :dizzy:
On top of that you then get managers /formen who have not got a clue.Thank god I work alone all the time.If I make a cockup it my fault.
Martyn

bang on there Martyn.......all covering their asses

Jason_Hannaford

Post #9 by Jason_Hannaford » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:56 pm

B100 LOADER wrote:This just sums up what is wrong with British industry.The firm I work for is a good example.Preach safety,but when it costs money turn the other way.
Martyn

Exactly as and when it suits!!!! Theres also the ones who wont listen to any advice you might have.. or when they do take advice they take all the glory... Theres no I in team!!!!

stock
Flag: Cote D-Ivoire

Post #10 by stock » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:32 pm

Well said lads and it is the reason I went back to school as I got sick of jumped up whelps with out the least bit of cop on climbing the ladder and not knowing enough,to know they know nothing.
Stock

Service is the rent we pay for the privilege of living living on this earth .

Return to “Accidents and Bogged in machines”