Back er up...

Show us bogged in machines here

Topic author
Dandy Dave!

Back er up...

Post #1 by Dandy Dave! » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:38 pm

And the man said, "Just back across the lawn. You won't have any problem......." 90 percent of me was screaming, "She's gonna find a soft spot." But who am I to argue with the guy who owns the truck and home??? Yep, nuff said. :lol:

IANOZ

Re: Back er up...

Post #2 by IANOZ » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:47 pm

If there is a soft spot any where you can be sure a truck will find it. Guy i worked for had a sand pit and had been carting out of it for 5 years .It had been raining for awhile And one of the trucks with a pig trailer went in the gate and back out again with a full load of sand ,The driver returned to get his next load Drove in and got bogged in the middle of the gateway empty. :dizzy: ian.

Neversweat
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by Neversweat » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:09 pm

Did it come out o.k :?:
Steve

Topic author
Dandy Dave!

Post #4 by Dandy Dave! » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:10 pm

Neversweat wrote:Did it come out o.k :?:
Steve

Not yet. When it sank, I knew better than to even try to move it for fear of a broken axle, or twisted drive shaft. I just shut it off and got out. He was going to have his low wage help shovel off the load on another truck and then try to lift it and pull it out with the neighbors log skidder. The low wage, and unreliable help never showed up. I hate to think of the water that has gone though the brakes the last week because of rain. I think they have several wreckers comming tomorrow, but I won't be around to watch. I'm heading to the Kemp Auction with a friend.

http://www.paulmcinnis.com/Kemp-Truck-Museum-Hillsborough-New-Hampshire.asp

XS650
Flag: Great Britain

Post #5 by XS650 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:26 pm

Sure looks like an interesting auction. :D
Not all those who wander are lost.

Topic author
Dandy Dave!

Post #6 by Dandy Dave! » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:23 pm

Yeah, That auction was a doozie....Look Here...http://forums.aaca.org/f169/kemp-auction-265653.html

Topic author
Dandy Dave!

Post #7 by Dandy Dave! » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:03 am

Well.... they finally got the truck out, but not with out problems. they found an old abandoned dry well, (sisteren) just ahead of where I backed in. As they were whinching the truck out, it fell in again about 15 foot ahead of where it was originally stuck, It is a wonder that I did not sink in it the first time I backed over it. When it sank the second time, it bent the battery box so that will have to be straitend before I drive it to far. Sorry I was not there to take photos but that Kemp auction was far more interesting this stuck truck. Looks like I have several holes to fill in now. Job security is number one around here. :D Dandy Dave!

Return to “Accidents and Bogged in machines”