8 Wheeler Gets Vertigo!

Show us bogged in machines here

Topic author
newjcb123uk

8 Wheeler Gets Vertigo!

Post #1 by newjcb123uk » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:15 pm

This happened on the landfill Site first thing in the morning. :o The lorry was only a week old and the driver was experienced. Bit of a combination of driver error and the excavator driver that loaded the waggon had it stacked to one side. The driver wasn't hurt by the tumble but nearly killed by a loose wheel brace in the cab that became heavy and air bourne for a few seconds - makes you think ea? :dizzy:

My 330 longreach had the lorry up on its wheels again in a jiffy and made me realise just how powerful this machine really is. :geek:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A man reaps what he sows"

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Re: 8 Wheeler Gets Vertigo!

Post #2 by Martyn Henley » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:27 pm

it does happen Chris,could of been nasty for the driver...
i remember when i was working at Stewartby tip near Bedford a few years ago seeing an ageing ERF 8 legger with the cab still upright but the whole body was lying on its side, the chassis had completly snapped on one side just behind the cab whilst tipping ... shame we could not take photos .. oh yes the same tipper was back a month afterwards :dizzy:

Martyn

Jeremy Rowland

Re: 8 Wheeler Gets Vertigo!

Post #3 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:00 am

falkara wrote:it does happen Chris,could of been nasty for the driver...
i remember when i was working at Stewartby tip near Bedford a few years ago seeing an ageing ERF 8 legger with the cab still upright but the whole body was lying on its side, the chassis had completly snapped on one side just behind the cab whilst tipping ... shame we could not take photos .. oh yes the same tipper was back a month afterwards :dizzy:

Martyn

Yes Martyn the same tipper would be back in use ASAP thats road haulage for you ;)
I've seen and carried out many a "bodged" repair to get a vehicle back on the road.

Nice pics Chris this kinda thing is quite common with 8 legger tippers or articulated tipping trailers, think I posted a pic in this section of a artic trailer that had gone over and was well twisted.

Jeremy

Return to “Accidents and Bogged in machines”