Hy-Mac 610 (with problems in the rotation)

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
Contraband
Flag: Argentina

Hy-Mac 610 (with problems in the rotation)

Post #1 by Contraband » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:40 am

Hi, my name is Matias, I live in Argentina and I have an excavator Hy-Mac 610 with problems in the rotation, I would get the manuals to repair it, could you help me?, Also need to know the pressures that the machine works (rotation and cylinders)

thanks!!

EDIT: my email

Here is a video of my old excavator HY-MAC610:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFwmJTIeRaY&list=UUMdz_J-y6ImroGGozgZ3TRg&index=7

PS: I get a manual for a 580, but it is not enough, do not specify the components of rotation (measures and dimensions), got the manuals from this url: downloads.php?cat=6
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Contraband on Sat May 10, 2014 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Hy-Mac 610 (with problems in the rotation)

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:14 am

Hi Matias and welcome to CMN it is great to see a 610 in such good condition; I will e-mail you the working pressures later today, I should have them somewhere. What is the rotation problem on the machine is it slow to slew or another problem?

Jeremy

Topic author
Contraband

Post #3 by Contraband » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:56 am

Thank you very much Jeremy!, The information you sent me helped a lot!, Now I know the operating pressures of the machine! (slew 2500 lbf/in2, boom 2000 lbf/in2, arm 2000 lbf/in2, bucket 2000 lbf/in2).
Now what I need is to get the parts manual valve (commands), I have the 580 but I think its valves (commands) are different (the 580 uses pumps and valves for the crawlers and the 610 does not)

The problem with the machine is the rotation, has no power to slew in any direction, is running very slow (everything else works pretty well). Here in my country the machine is unknown, then it becomes very difficult to repair (getting parts, assemble and configure), I have planned to do this:

1 - Check the pressure of the main pumps
2 - Check the pressure of the valves (commands)
3 - Check the pressure of the rotation (I'm sure the pieces are worn)

What do you think?
Thanks, again!

PS: parts manual rotation of the 610 is equal to the 580?, rotation works at higher pressure than the boom?

Jeremy Rowland

Post #4 by Jeremy Rowland » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:46 am

Matias; I will have a word with a friend of mine who I know has worked on Hymac's and see what he thinks. I suspect that the Staffa motor could be the problem but I will see what I can find out, should that be the answer then spare parts are available.

Slew pressure on the 610 should be 2500 to 2550 lbf/in2 and 2500 for the 580; yes, higher pressure than the boom.

Jeremy

Topic author
Contraband

Post #5 by Contraband » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:28 am

Thanks Jeremy!, You're a great help to me!, I hope your answer!.
I think in a few days I will work on the machine to try to solve the problem once and for all!

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Post #6 by FOWLER MAN » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:36 pm

Hi Matias,
Its a long time since I worked on these.
Does your machine creep round on its own when left with the bucket off the ground :?: :?:
The problem could be in the cross line releif valve. :think: The pressure settings I used to use for the slew were as follows.

Main line releif valve (MLRV) 2,500 Lbs. psi.(172 bars) and 3100 Lbs psi.(214 bars) for the crossline releif valve, (CLRV).

The two steel feed pipes to the slew motor should go directly to the Crossline Valve, (there will also be a check-valve "Teed" into each of these pipes).
The CLRV is set at a higher pressure than the MLRV. so to set it you will need to turn up the pressure on the MLRV to a little over 3,100 lbs. psi. then adjust the CLRV. to 3,100 Lbs. psi. then set the MLRV. back to 2,500psi. If the pressure wont turn up on the MLRV. to do this it probably indicates a fault in the cross line valve anyway.
There could be a bit of "O"ring or seal in the CLRV. preventing it from seating properly so it's worth stripping and cleaning anyway.

Settings for all the other services are MLRVs 2,400 lbs psi. and SLRVs 2,600 lbs psi.
procedure is the same for setting these, turn up the main line, set the service line then turn the main line back down.
Maximum allowable pressure in the return lines to the filter is 50 lbs psi.
Any questions, please ask.
I hope this helps.
Fred

Topic author
Contraband

Post #7 by Contraband » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:44 am

Hi Fred!, Thanks for replying and sorry for the delay, was busy working, here in my country is summer and the days are very long (14 or 15 hours of sunlight) and we have to take advantage.

We solve the problem of the machine, the CLRV was not working well, we changed a few small pieces and ready.

Now I have a question ... What is the maximum pressure that can provide each of the main pumps?, I ask this because a few years ago we changed the 3 main pumps and put others that provide up to 140 kg/cm2 and work great.

Return to “Excavators”