JCB 8014 hydraulic fault

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
jddevel

JCB 8014 hydraulic fault

Post #1 by jddevel » Tue May 08, 2012 10:25 pm

I`ve a JCB 8014 mini digger the boom of which drops advice on how to go about tracing the fault please :think:

wee_gus

Re: JCB 8014 hydraulic fault

Post #2 by wee_gus » Tue May 08, 2012 11:00 pm

When this happen? Is it when the boom is in the fully raised position. With engine running or switched off? Does it have any check valves? Any damage to ram rod? Probs just a set of seals! Simple job really

Mark.Rive

Post #3 by Mark.Rive » Wed May 09, 2012 6:11 pm

wee_gus wrote:When this happen? Is it when the boom is in the fully raised position. With engine running or switched off? Does it have any check valves? Any damage to ram rod? Probs just a set of seals! Simple job really

Welcome on board Angus, Was wondering if you would turn up :thumbup: Mark

Topic author
jddevel

Post #4 by jddevel » Wed May 09, 2012 6:37 pm

Thanks Angus. Happens when engine is running and boom raised. No damage or leaks from the ram. Where do I look for the check valves please? Have removed hose from top of ram when fully extended- by top I mean end where stainless rod/ram exits -and apart from a tiny trickle which I assume is just draining from metal pipe which leaves the top of the ram and is about 9 inches long- to the hose connection I`ve removed, there is no oil leaving that pipe. I have sort of therefore assumed that the actual seals inside the ram are OK.
The drop incidently creeps when first started and increases in speed when oil/engine gets hot and obviously oil thins. Hope I`ve made myself clear.

Return to “Excavators”