Not! The Return of Hy-mac!

Discuss excavators here

TullyveeryClassicJCB
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Not! The Return of Hy-mac!

Post #21 by TullyveeryClassicJCB » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:10 am

Silly me. Yeah it is. Just noticed the rear bucket on both machines.
William

JCB Hydra Digger Loadall 65
JCB 3DIII Powertrain
JCB 3DIII (Manual)
JCB 3DII
JCB 3CIII
JCB 805B

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #22 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:16 am

Yes it is the same machine indeed our friend tries hard you must give him that but being as its cost him around the £20k mark to register all of the Hymac names in their various guises I guess he is going to try.

I know for a fact that Richard Gould spoke to a solicitor about what this guy who had claimed to have brought the Hymac name was trying to do and the solicitor said that this guy has as good as thrown his money away because all he has is the name, he does not have any manufacturing rights to the original products or the rights to associate any new company he may form with the original Hymac company, looks like a case of :doh: to me. :lol:

If you look on the Wiki link it appears that the Hymac name is owned by a Mr O'Gorman, whoever owns the name they cannot do anything with it, how could anybody kid themselves that they could simply import machines from abroad and stick a well known brand name on them? But this venture has not been looked into very well at all because you need a dealer network to back up your products and there is cost associated there too, mind I think the person behind this scam was hoping to get the financial backing from elsewhere.

Jeremy

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #23 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:44 pm

I see the Wiki page has now been locked so that it cannot be edited anymore, as can be seen the trade mark owner for the Hymac name is a mr O'Gorman but as stated here he cannot use this name for any new machinery, if he did Richard Gould would be able to take him to the cleaners in court, it would serve him right too after his threats to others.

Jeremy

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #24 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:25 pm

Well it will come as no real surprise that our friend has now appeared to move his Hymac interest to Facebook with a good helping of everybodys photographs including some of mine pictures, I wonder how long it will take other folk to realise what a big con all of this really is?

Jeremy

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #25 by Holger » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:41 am

Well, if he refuses to delete pictures or mention the picture owner you can send him an invoice.
There are photographers guidlines for how much you can charge for a photo, depending on where it is published and in what size.
Some resources:
How-To

Holger
Site Admin

Post #26 by Holger » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:23 am

LOOOOL! So he thinks he owns the copyright of the photos just because the Hymac-logo is shown on them? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No sir, the photographer owns the photos. No matter what is on them.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/archive/index.php/t-55827.html
http://photography.about.com/od/copyrightinformation/a/pricingyourphotos.htm
http://martybugs.net/blog/blog.cgi/other/makingmoney/HowMuchShouldYouCharge.html
Some resources:
How-To

bsbplant
Flag: Great Britain

Post #27 by bsbplant » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:04 pm

Any up dates ?? :thumbup:

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #28 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:16 am

bsbplant wrote:Any up dates ?? :thumbup:

I think the gentleman concerned now has a Facebook page insinuating that he is the old Hymac company but nothing was said to Earthmovers magazine when I wrote my article outlining the history of the company and informing people in general that it is Richard Gould of Hymac Parts & Service Ltd who own's what is left of Hymac as he purchased it as an MBO.

Also my last article for CP&M magazine on the Hymac 590C recently refurbished by Hymac Parts & Service Ltd there was no counter claims.

The said gentleman may very well have registered the Hymac name in all its guises but he cannot sell the name on as he supposes and of course even should that chance present itself which it will not then you would find that solicitor's would be involved and it would not take them very long to sort out the facts from the wishful thinking.

Jeremy

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #29 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:48 am

Well well I see our friend is at it again with his con-website :lol: http://www.hymacmachinerysales.com/search.php?area=4&xstrt=6

So Tony Flints Hymac is forsale again on that site :lol: despite the fact that it has been sold for years :lol: you can bet this guy does not have a single machine forsale let alone a Hymac :x

Stay away from this one; just a complete con.

Jeremy

Holger
Site Admin

Post #30 by Holger » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:56 am

WTF is a "HYAUDAI"?
Some resources:
How-To

Return to “Excavators”