Priestman Model Number?

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
pdst50

Priestman Model Number?

Post #1 by pdst50 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:11 pm

Can anyone identify the exact model number of my old Priestman Mustang from the picture?

As you can see it is still in working condition (albeit after some very expensive repairs) and hopefully it will enable me to finish the lake I am currently digging. Just in case anyone is wondering the machine is sitting on mats in an old watercress bed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

d4c24a

Re: Priestman Model Number?

Post #2 by d4c24a » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:28 pm

that looks like a 120 mk3 to me welcome to cmn :thumbs_up: where abouts are you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

Nick Drew

Post #3 by Nick Drew » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:09 pm

Hi PDST50 ??, ;)

Welcome to CMN and thanks for sharing your photo with us.....Do you have any more ??

Yes I am with Graham on this one I also think it is a 120 MK III.

More pics and more in depth info on your machine please :thumbs_up:

Nick :mrgreen:

Topic author
pdst50

Post #4 by pdst50 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:29 pm

Apologies to all if this reply appears elswhere as I am new to this forum posting idea.

Thanks also for the info it confirms my original thoughts.

I am a farmer living near Rickmansworth, 20 miles outside London. The Priestman was first registered to a Plant Hire company in April 1974. It was sold to a farmer near Chesham in 1984. I drove past this machine on and off for 20 years before I purchased it in Nov 2002.
I still have the vehicle Registration Document. According to the previous owner he replaced the engine with a recon unit a some stage during his 20 years of ownership. I have had the top ram resealed and replaced the seals on one track adjuster (still to do the other one). Last summer the hydraulic distributor was rechromed, rebored and resealed (cost £2500+ ouch) I also do most of the servicing, welding etc to keep her going. I am currently digging another small lake. Last year I pulled 14 large conifer trees out of the river which blew down in the gales. She starts first time and is used around my farm and on the fishery very regularly. I wish I could find time to give her a coat of paint and restore her to her former glory but time is never on my side.

I bought the machine to replace a Ford H42 excavator which I owned for 20 years. (another great machine).

I am always interested in anyone who might be scrapping the same machine as parts are not easy to come by.

Paul ST

Topic author
pdst50

Post #5 by pdst50 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:31 pm

More pictures

Topic author
pdst50

Post #6 by pdst50 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:32 pm

Another picture

d4c24a

Post #7 by d4c24a » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:55 pm

hi pdst50 that machine was owned by claude fenton if you look at some of my other posts on preistmans you may see your machine :o as my dad worked for them for 40 plus years i have some photos of them ,fentons had quite a few 120,s and i think a 220 or two
cheers graham
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

Topic author
pdst50

Post #8 by pdst50 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:44 pm

Hi Graham, you are absolutely correct, it was first registered to them on 10th April 1974. Some of their logos are still on the machine today. It's a small world - I will search your posts to see if I can spot the machine when it was younger! Thanks again Paul ST

Nick Drew

Post #9 by Nick Drew » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:30 pm

Fantastic stuff Paul ST, !!

Wow how spooky is that Claude Fenton & Grahams Father connection :thumbs_up:

Would be really interesting to find out if Grahams Father had operated Pauls machine??

Great Photos Paul :thumbs_up: Do you have any of your Ford H42 to share ??

Nick :mrgreen:

Topic author
pdst50

Post #10 by pdst50 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:07 am

Nick, I can't find any photos of the Ford H42 yet but I will keep looking , meanwhile I came across a photo of my old Cat D4 on the transporter taking it to Norfolk a couple of years ago. A collector from that part of the world owned over 20 machines, I can't remember his name but if anyone knows of him let me know. He is the guy on the right in the picture and drives a Harley Davidson when he isn't mending/driving dozers. There was quite a story behind the transportation but he wont thank me if I made it public. I also owned the D4 for 20 years but sadly left it unused for too long.

Come on guys there can't be many collectors in Norfolk who owns 20 Cats- someone must know him.

Paul ST

Return to “Excavators”