Kobelco Problem

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
sjs
Flag: Great Britain

Kobelco Problem

Post #1 by sjs » Mon May 18, 2009 7:34 pm

Local hire firm today have dropped me a e135. Always wanted to try one and was happy at the chance. But then machine doesn`t just drive how it should, when you hold the slew lever over she slews round but only steady, pull the dipper at the same time and your round twice as fast. Also the dipper seems to work at half the speed of everything else when coming in making it a pain to grade. Dipper does seem ok going out though. Anyone any ideas?

cheers ste.

Broken Piston

Re: Kobelco Problem

Post #2 by Broken Piston » Mon May 18, 2009 9:05 pm

If the machine is piped for a hammer,check to see if the pedal for operating the hammer circut is not being held open by dirt or a sticky pedal.Kobelco pedals dont like a build up of mud and dirt and tend to stick quite easily if not kept clean. I have come across this allot on hire machines when the hammer pedal is not used for a long time. It sticks when stepped on and does not return to its nuteral posistion. This takes oil away from the rest of the spools that are on the same side of the main spool bank that the hammer line is on. This would be the first check I would make. Hope this helps.

IANOZ

Post #3 by IANOZ » Tue May 19, 2009 1:48 am

Hi SJS, The old ihi75f i had ,had two hydraulic pumps and if one pump needed rebuilding it would walk in circles and half the controls would be slow and weak.Check and see if it has two pumps [maybe a third pilot pump] or if it is a single pump then broken piston advice sounds good. ian.

Topic author
sjs

Post #4 by sjs » Tue May 19, 2009 7:37 am

thanks for the replies chaps. She aint got hammer lines broken piston but know what you mean have seen a few with the pedal stick. ianoz she tracks perfectly well so don`t think its a main pump.

ste

IANOZ

Post #5 by IANOZ » Tue May 19, 2009 5:40 pm

Hi sjs, It could be just a design fault with the machine. I noticed the other day with my jcb8080 the slew speed increases with the dipper or bucket stalled out. The machine would not lift itself any more than 2 ft off the ground without pressurissing the dipper boom ,then it would lift more. Needs some one else who has operated another one to pass their opinion to know if there is something wrong with it or if thats as good as it gets .ian.

innes

Post #6 by innes » Tue May 19, 2009 10:35 pm

sjs wrote:Local hire firm today have dropped me a e135. Always wanted to try one and was happy at the chance. But then machine doesn`t just drive how it should, when you hold the slew lever over she slews round but only steady, pull the dipper at the same time and your round twice as fast. Also the dipper seems to work at half the speed of everything else when coming in making it a pain to grade. Dipper does seem ok going out though. Anyone any ideas?

cheers ste.

Hi Ste,
Sounds like you have a faulty servo sensor on swing circuit and the pump isnt getting a proper signal when you swing,when you use the dipper at same time the dipper in sensor is swashing the pump to full flow.Cant be a pump as you then get full speed, sometimes dipper in has a restrictor which can be adjusted to speed up or slow the dipper in speed ,normally adjusted so weight of bucket doesnt pull dipper ram rod away from oil which then causes a delay untill oil catches up and jerks dipper in violently.
Are there no errors showing on dash? I advise checking all wiring at servo sensors and at pumps.
Innes

Return to “Excavators”