PIDGEON AMONGST THE CATs

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
newjcb123uk

PIDGEON AMONGST THE CATs

Post #1 by newjcb123uk » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:32 pm

This pidgeon is in the form of a new Hitachi purchased for my new Landfill Cell to replace a CAT 345B - the reason being that the local Cat representative refused to take the old Cat as a trade in for a new one as they just had too many trade ins :shock: I know have you ever! My contractor who was 100% loyal to the Cat brand was forced into buying a Hitachi 470 but also saved himself £60k in the process. This has been a huge mistake by the Cat dealership and suspect that this may not be the last orange machine to join the fleet. I should have some more photos of this big orange machine in action very soon :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A man reaps what he sows"

IBH

Re: PIDGEON AMONGST THE CATs

Post #2 by IBH » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:34 pm

The futures bright, the futures Hitachi orange!

martyn williams

Post #3 by martyn williams » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:40 pm

They will have to be carefull due to the lack of money around.Buyers will go for price now and not product loyalty.

Nick Drew

Post #4 by Nick Drew » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:54 pm

Got any Jobs going over there Chris !!

You still seem pretty busy to me !! :dizzy: Its all going down the pan over here! I am just hanging on to my current job if I'm honest!! :roll:

SOOOOO glad I never bought that 13 tonner back along !! for once I made the right move!!

Nick :cry:

dig deep pile high

Post #5 by dig deep pile high » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:33 pm

b100 wrote:They will have to be carefull due to the lack of money around.Buyers will go for price now and not product loyalty.

What you have to remember boys is that second hand plant has taken a 30% hit in six months!!
Any dealer is wary to take it in now, let alone trying to get it under written.

dig deep pile high

Post #6 by dig deep pile high » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:35 pm

newjcb123uk wrote:This pidgeon is in the form of a new Hitachi purchased for my new Landfill Cell to replace a CAT 345B - the reason being that the local Cat representative refused to take the old Cat as a trade in for a new one as they just had too many trade ins :shock: I know have you ever! My contractor who was 100% loyal to the Cat brand was forced into buying a Hitachi 470 but also saved himself £60k in the process. This has been a huge mistake by the Cat dealership and suspect that this may not be the last orange machine to join the fleet. I should have some more photos of this big orange machine in action very soon :)

60K really?

Joes1989
Flag: Great Britain

Post #7 by Joes1989 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:44 pm

Hitachi's will kick the arse off any cat in my opinion! I never used to like Hitachi's before ran one and now im totally converted!

Joe

Gavin Phillips

Post #8 by Gavin Phillips » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:55 pm

Very impressive machine, beats the largest Zaxis machine I've seen by about 10tons! :lol:

470LC, approx 47tons, long carriage version - what does the H suffix signify?

A few years back, I couldn't take a trip out anywhere without seeing Hitachi EX's, then they vanished for a while. Now they are back with a vengence! I've talked to two operators about Hitachi excavators, one being a Zaxis 210LC. Well balanced machines, capable of competing with Cat & Komatsu on an even level without any trouble.
Look out that window, Eden isn't burning. Its burnt.

d4c24a

Post #9 by d4c24a » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:14 pm

Joes1989 wrote:Hitachi's will kick the arse off any cat in my opinion! I never used to like Hitachi's before ran one and now im totally converted!

Joe

how many cat models and how many hitachi models have you operated and for how long :?:
also how old were they ,did you get them new ,are the comparable machines (i.e )same class
just interested
cheers graham
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

Topic author
newjcb123uk

Post #10 by newjcb123uk » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:48 am

Nick Drew wrote:Got any Jobs going over there Chris !!

You still seem pretty busy to me !! :dizzy: Its all going down the pan over here! I am just hanging on to my current job if I'm honest!! :roll:

SOOOOO glad I never bought that 13 tonner back along !! for once I made the right move!!

Nick :cry:

Well you never know Nick! :thumbs_up: Yes I remember the Cat 321c you were thinking of buying and I sudgested in my ignorance of a cheepie 15k machine of sorts to save big money for a while - Well with this stupid credit crunch and all that maybe a 15 grander could solve a lot of peoples problems ;) . Can you imagine - This way sir - yes this is the latest 1992 classic in the yard and is on a managers special today - it comes with a free working cassete radio and free seat cover :lol:
"A man reaps what he sows"

Return to “Excavators”