JCB Excavators Old & New

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
Nick Drew

JCB Excavators Old & New

Post #1 by Nick Drew » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:54 pm

Hi all,

With Great pleasure I notice a new member tonight ...JCBdumper, Welcome to CMN

So I thought I would start a new thread featuring JCB excavators old and new.

What is your favourite JCB excavator ??

Nick :thumbs_up:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Nick Drew

Re: JCB Excavators Old & New

Post #2 by Nick Drew » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:14 pm

Here are a couple of brochure scans of some 800 series machines
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #3 by Nick Drew » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:50 pm

This old JCB 805 is currently lying in a plant sales/spares yard in Somerset England

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #4 by Nick Drew » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:51 pm

This JCB JS220 was owned by local plant hire business Phil Hill Plant Hire and as you can see was very well cared for!! This machine had at the time of the shot over 3,500 hrs on the clock but still looks like brand new!

I would be interested to hear what other members think aboout the JCB JS range of excavators, I was very impressed with then when they were first introduced and were basically a Sumitomo with JCB badge on them.

But I am not so sure of the build quality these days, I think that they are using Italian track motors now which I am not convinced about??

IBH

Post #5 by IBH » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:25 pm

Ive read a number of independent plant tests in Construction News for JCBs JS excavator range in recent years that found little to fault with the products. The biggest complaints I can recall were the size of the the screen washer bottle and JCB only offering air con as an optional extra.

Its now 9 years since JCB ended its JV with Sumitomo in 1998! Does anybody know if Itochu still own 10% of JCB Heavy Products?

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #6 by Nick Drew » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:41 pm

IBH wrote:Ive read a number of independent plant tests in Construction News for JCBs JS excavator range in recent years that found little to fault with the products. The biggest complaints I can recall were the size of the the screen washer bottle and JCB only offering air con as an optional extra.

Its now 9 years since JCB ended its JV with Sumitomo in 1998! Does anybody know if Itochu still own 10% of JCB Heavy Products?

Hey dont get me wrong IBH, I am a big fan of JCB....a true British success story if ever there was one.

I think its like most things it is down to personal preference, I know one JCB customer down here in Devon Roadform Civil Engineering and they wont even consider anything else but some others wouldnt entertain them.

I drove a JS130 on demo a few years ago and thought it was a fantastic bit of kit, mind you my regular mount at the time was a Daewoo 130 solar IV which was bloody awful!! :dizzy:

IBH

Post #7 by IBH » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:02 pm

I dont for one minute think JCBs products are always the best available on the market and as a professional operator youre far more qualified than ill ever be to decide whether they are good machines or not ;) :) .

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #8 by Nick Drew » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:51 pm

Hi all,

I came across this 1987 model JCB 812 hydraulic excavator today which is still in use from time to time around a farm in the West Country of England.

I am sure there are still a lot of these old machines working on farms all over the UK and probably around the world ;)

Nick :thumbs_up:

dozeron

Post #9 by dozeron » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:00 am

Hi All,
I thought I would put this up when I saw Nicks thread. Im not touting for business as that is not the aim of this site but it maybe a bit unusual. I have had it for many years but am now selling it off on my ebay site. Are they common in the UK & Europe? As I said, if I hadnt seen the thread I wouldnt have mentioned it.
Regards, dozeron

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #10 by Holger » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:20 am

Why not providing a link to the ebay-site?
It is no problem doing that here!
Some resources:
How-To

Return to “Excavators”