JCB 3CX project 7 slew lock

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
scotia911

JCB 3CX project 7 slew lock

Post #1 by scotia911 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:02 pm

Can anyone tell me how to work the slew lock on these machines(I think project 7, it’s a 1996 N plate). An old friend of my fathers used to say they were a c**t to disengage and advised me just to tuck the back actor in: this is all fine and well, but now I’m doing a lot of road work maybe 20 miles ish and the back actor bangs and rattles loads. Can anyone tell me how to use the thing? I’ve tried all the searches but most are just about repairing and I haven’t found an operators manual. Any help much appreciated.

gecko.cx
Flag: Australia

Re: JCB 3CX project 7 slew lock

Post #2 by gecko.cx » Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:24 am

Can you post a pic? A '96 should be a P8 with a hydraulic "handbrake" style leaver in the cab and the slave cylinder mounted on the boom.

This is probably the correct Operators Manual for a '96 (how does your serial start?)
JCB 3CX & 4CX Backhoe Loader operator's manual

Topic author
scotia911

Re: JCB 3CX project 7 slew lock

Post #3 by scotia911 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:30 pm

Thanks for the tip, I’ve finally found the workshop manual page. My machine has the handbrake lever as described. Strangely though the beacon and ancillary lighting switches are at the bottom left knee area and it has a clutch pedal. According to the manufacture year it shouldn’t? Go figure! It also has a magnetic base point for a beacon on the floor next to the telescopic pedal.

Return to “Excavators”