Kubota KX41 Digger Cooling Hoses

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
aesmith
Flag: Wales

Kubota KX41 Digger Cooling Hoses

Post #1 by aesmith » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:03 am

Hi,
I wonder if anyone can advise. This is an original KX41, not a -2 or -3, probably mid '90s and with D1105 engine.

Mice have eaten one of the cooling hoses part 060 in the attached screenshot. This part is no longer available.

However I wonder if I even need it. The mouse hose 060 from the radiator and hose 040/050 from the engine bother connect to a block 080 which provides a convenient drain point. If that's the only function, could I just bypass that part and connect radiator spigot to engine spigot with a bit of plain hose? Or blank off both spigot?

Or would this mess up water flow in some way?

Thanks, Tony S

Screenshot_20230606-085136.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Kubota KX41 Digger Cooling Hoses

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:43 pm

Hi Tony and welcome :wave: you could try that the best way to find out is use a temporary blank until you are sure that the engine does not overheat, alternatively there are hose manufacturers out there who could provide a hose of a similar diameter and you may have enough room to bend it round? Hope that helps.

Jeremy

gecko.cx
Flag: Australia

Post #3 by gecko.cx » Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:44 am

No direct experience and only going from the diagram, I would have no problem bypassing "80" and going direct.
It's possible these ports are provided for when a heater is fitted.

I'd be careful blanking a port high on the block/head in case it's needed to clear air from the cooling system or maintain some circulation when the thermostat is closed.

Using a single hose to replace "40 & 60" looks a good option.

Topic author
aesmith
Flag: Wales

Post #4 by aesmith » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:18 am

Thanks. I ran a temporary hose between the two just to check for no leaks elsewhere. There's some mouse damage on the main lower hose but I "think" its only beyond the hose clips, it's difficult to inspect.

Unfortunately I now have a leaking injector so have to sort that out before dealing with cooling system, earlier I didn't spot the Diesel leakage with all the water being sprayed around.

Return to “Excavators”