6D recommissioning

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
Baloo
Flag: Great Britain

6D recommissioning

Post #1 by Baloo » Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:16 pm

amongst my collection i have a 6D which use to belong to british rail i guess for loading ballast in a goods yard at Danzy Green, i bought it years ago with very low hours, it started from its slumber of over 20 years relatively easy and was low loaded back to my yard where it went back to sleep for a number of years till i decided i had a use for it, however the starter motor had decided it wanted to seize up solid this time, so i took it off and sent it for reconditioning but upon its return i havent been able to get it to fit back on the engine, bolt holes dont seem to line up by about half a hole, so i took it back to the reconditioner who looked up the spec of the 6D and said it should be a perkins 6354 according to their computer, but it dosent look like a perkins to me, can anyone tell me what this engine in my 6D is ?? looks like a ford to me ? i need to get this running so it can also come into the workshop over the winter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

essexpete

Re: 6D recommissioning

Post #2 by essexpete » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:37 pm

Looks like a 6.354 with the vertical injector pump. There were variations of sumps and rocker covers with different ages and specs.

Topic author
Baloo
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by Baloo » Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:02 pm

essexpete wrote:Looks like a 6.354 with the vertical injector pump. There were variations of sumps and rocker covers with different ages and specs.

thank you, i will go back to the starter refurber armed with that information :thumbup:

Jeremy Rowland

Post #4 by Jeremy Rowland » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:25 pm

Yes it is certainly a Perkins 6,354.

Jeremy

Return to “Excavators”