Hymac 580c RH Tracking issue

Discuss excavators here

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Hymac 580c RH Tracking issue

Post #11 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:30 am

Dan, I only have Hymac part numbers; there are also two types, an early version and the later version, I would suggest that you have a look at your bearing remains, if the outer case of the bearing still exists there would normally be a part number on there that a local bearing supplier should be able to cross reference, the seals may be unique but I need to call Tony Flint tomorrow to sort some parts for myself so I will ask his advice.

Jeremy

Jeremy Rowland

Post #12 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:42 pm

Dan, just having a second look at your photos and I would say that there has been problems with this in the past; the give away signs apart from the hammer damage to the sprocket are that somebody has cut a new key-way at 180 degrees to the old one in the shaft, also the keeper plate is missing and you can see in the end of the shaft where the two bolts that once held it have been sheared off.

What is the 'fit' like between the sprocket and shaft, is it very loose? What do the key-ways look like close up on the shaft and the sprocket? So long as the newest key-way hasn't 'rolled' you should be able to get away with it; your options are otherwise to take it to a local engineering company and get them to machine the end of the worn shaft diameter to minimum clean up and sleeve it, do the same with the sprocket to get a good fit and cut new key-ways in each, or get good secondhand items.

Jeremy

Topic author
Canada Hymac 570c
Flag: Canada

Post #13 by Canada Hymac 570c » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:41 pm

Hello. After taking everything apart and cleaning the parts up there has definitely been someone working on this in the past. The chain sprocket and shaft are not terrible but the rest of the shaft where the oil seal and inner bearing goes are in rough shape. The inner bearing housing and bearing retainer are pretty chewed up.

The keeper plate at the end of the shaft was there but the bolts had sheared off and was rubbing on the outer case.

I think some machining will have to be done to the shaft.

Hopefully I can work with the bearing housing and retainer, but what is the likelyhood of these parts being available somewhere?

I could not find any numbers on the remains of the old bearing races.

Jeremy, I appreciate your help and let me know when you talk to Tony Flint about the availability of the parts.

Topic author
Canada Hymac 570c

Post #14 by Canada Hymac 570c » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:44 pm

Jeremy Rowland

Post #15 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:38 pm

Dan I will see what I can find out for you.

Jeremy

Jeremy Rowland

Post #16 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:56 pm

Dan, I have sent you a pm with information on it.

Jeremy

Topic author
Canada Hymac 570c

Post #17 by Canada Hymac 570c » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:25 am

Update. I have found the bearings and seals locally, and had the shaft and housings built up and re machined.

It will be going back together this weekend.

Thanks for your help Jeremy!

Jeremy Rowland

Post #18 by Jeremy Rowland » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:15 am

Dan, that's great news glad you have it sorted; looking at your shaft I realise that what was once a spline drive (on the chain sprocket side) you have had it metal sprayed and a new key-way cut into it, did you have another key-way cut into the sprocket? Think I would have been tempted to send both the sprocket and shaft off together so the sprocket could be bored out minimum clean up and the shaft metal sprayed to suit? Great to see you have it sorted anyway, it would be great if you posted the seal and bearing numbers here for anybody else who may have the same issue, thanks. :thumbup:

Jeremy

Return to “Excavators”