Digger insurance

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
Lozweezy
Flag: Great Britain

Digger insurance

Post #1 by Lozweezy » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:01 am

Hi everyone and thanks for the add. I have just bought a jcb 3D mk2. It cam e with a number plate but no docs. I am in southern ireland. My question is who do people use for their insurance. It's only being use on a farm so dont need road etc. Just the usual fire theft. Has anyone done this and who do you recommend?
Thanks all
Rob
20200824_153915.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Slooby

Re: Digger insurance

Post #2 by Slooby » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:45 am

I've just insured my '87 3CX (granted, in England) fully comp through an agricultural broker. I valued my machine at £8k and it is insured for any driver over 15 off road and with a valid licence on road. The cost was £105 and that include cover up to 100k for any implements that were last attached to the machine, however they are only insured for 3rd party fire and theft. Apparently the implements cover basically drops to the next level of cover ie if the machine is fully comp the implements go to 3rd tpft, so if the machine is tpft then the implements are only 3rd party risks covered.

To insure it it had to be registered in my name though, so if you have a registration plate and a chassis number can you not apply for the docs?
CMN Stuff: MF65, Thwaites Nimline, JCB 3CX
Projects: S11a 88" V8 Hybrid, 2 x S111 109"s, Mk11 Mini, Harrison L5A :doh:
Ish projects: T25 Camper, ST675R
Just added: Alpine S5 & Bridgeport Mk2 :wtf:
Sorely Missed: Impreza, E39 M5

Topic author
Lozweezy

Post #3 by Lozweezy » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:46 pm

Thanks Slooby, all though the registration plate is on it. It doesn't show on the dvla. I have the serial number etc. So might see if I can apply for docs and see what happens.
Thanks
Rob

Machine-Dad
Flag: Australia

Post #4 by Machine-Dad » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:51 am

Lozweezy wrote:Hi everyone and thanks for the add. I have just bought a jcb 3D mk2. It cam e with a number plate but no docs. I am in southern ireland. My question is who do people use for their insurance. It's only being use on a farm so dont need road etc. Just the usual fire theft. Has anyone done this and who do you recommend?
Thanks all
Rob20200824_153915.jpg

Hi you can generally get hobby farm insurance for stuff like this, I generally use a broker for our machinery Insurance stuff. I use https://fundamentalinsurancebrokers.com.au/machinery-equipment-insurance/for our skid steer and the excavator costs us about $330 per month. I Didn't do a ton of research into prices but seemed reasonable

Return to “Excavators”