Hymac 580C slew motor seals

Discuss excavators here

Andy80
Flag: Sweden

Re: Hymac 580C slew motor seals

Post #21 by Andy80 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:20 am

Thanks for the videos Matias. I recall i have seen them before. I think i saw them on the Swedish sister sight Maskinisten. In the number 3 video it really seems slow in the slew. Did it come suddenly or over time?

Jeremy Rowland

Post #22 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:05 pm

Hi Matias, I have spoken with Tony Flint and he says that he thinks the problem with your machine is not the Staffa motor but the hydraulic pump is the problem when a machine slows down when it gets warm that is the case. Hope that helps, I have also pm'd you some other info that you may need.

Jeremy

Contraband
Flag: Argentina

Post #23 by Contraband » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:09 am

Jeremy Rowland wrote:Hi Matias, I have spoken with Tony Flint and he says that he thinks the problem with your machine is not the Staffa motor but the hydraulic pump is the problem when a machine slows down when it gets warm that is the case. Hope that helps, I have also pm'd you some other info that you may need.

Jeremy

Thank you!! :thumbup:

Andy80 wrote:Thanks for the videos Matias. I recall i have seen them before. I think i saw them on the Swedish sister sight Maskinisten. In the number 3 video it really seems slow in the slew. Did it come suddenly or over time?

The problem came with time. Maybe it's like jeremy says pump wear, I don't know .. I think the problem is the slew :think:

Jeremy Rowland

Post #24 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:50 am

One segment of the triple inline hydraulic pump supplies the spool valve that feeds the slew and the auxiliary circuits so that would be the reason why the pump would be the issue the other two parts of the pump may not be as badly worn thus not affecting other operations. I would tend to trust what Tony Flint says on this but it's not too much trouble to get the pressures checked and this would confirm the issue.

Jeremy

Andy80
Flag: Sweden

Post #25 by Andy80 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:21 am

Is the other hydraulic functions working at normal speed?
Do you have an extra boost on the dipper arm? If you have, it shares pump with the slew and should be sluggish to if the third pump is worn. Jeremy please correct me if i'm wrong :)

Jeremy Rowland

Post #26 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:53 am

Andy80 wrote:Is the other hydraulic functions working at normal speed?
Do you have an extra boost on the dipper arm? If you have, it shares pump with the slew and should be sluggish to if the third pump is worn. Jeremy please correct me if i'm wrong :)

Andy you are correct try using the dipper (or boom depends which way it is piped) with the auxiliary function when the machine is warm; if it is slow using only that function and on the slew then you know it is the pump.

Jeremy

Return to “Excavators”