Volvo EC25

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
Havenlea-trees
Flag: Great Britain

Volvo EC25

Post #1 by Havenlea-trees » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:49 am

Hi

I’m struggling to find out why my machines shuts down totally after 1-2 hours work. I then turn the ignition and nothing for a few minutes until the radio comes on. But still after putting the code in, it won’t even turn over. I then have to leave it for 15-30 mins before it will turn on. At first I thought it may be overheating , but no warning signals suggest it’s that.

These are the things that I’ve done to stay and solve the problem.
Full service , engine oil filters, fuel filters, hydraulic oil filters ,air filters , changed the engine oil,changed the hydraulic oil.

Then I’ve fitted a new thermostat and switch along with replacing the alternator belt, which was worn.

Any advise would be greatfully welcomed . Is there a way of checking the electrics with a machine?

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Volvo EC25

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:34 pm

Hi Brian and welcome to CMN :wave: the newer machines present more complex issues so unless somebody on here has experience of this there is not anything more that I can add for you to look at; if you get it sorted please let us know what the issue was so anybody else that has this problem in the future can at least get a fair idea of what is wrong. :thumbup: Wish you the best of luck.

Jeremy

Randell
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Volvo EC25

Post #3 by Randell » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:13 am

Replaced the battery/given it a good charge?

Return to “Excavators”