Poclain 75 CKB

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Re: Poclain 75 CKB

Post #11 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:19 pm

Osgood wrote:Top man.
We ran a GCK120 for quite a few years, eventually getting hold of a scrap machine for spares to keep it going.
CK denotes a heavier duty model for quarry use etc.
Main difference is use of higher pressure hydraulics than other machines, so be sure to use Multispiral hoses.
Pumps and motors very reliable design, a side-effect of the higher pressure can be annoying minor leaks from valves, pipe fittings etc.

Thanks for the advice Tony :thumbup: I knew they used a high pressure system but I was unaware of the difference in grade of hydraulic hose, I suppose this makes sense..

Jeremy

Nick Drew

Post #12 by Nick Drew » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:06 am

This is great news Jeremy,

As others have said it appears you have definitely got the bug now, all credit to you mate.

Look forward to seeing your updates.

Nick :thumbup:

topkit
Flag: Great Britain

Post #13 by topkit » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:02 pm

Nice one Jeremy, i remember seeing them as a lad and speaking to operators about them i think that they were ahead of their time in some respects, So now once you get started on this one you can start looking for a 120 priesman then :lol:
In your picture in the photo competition Clives tractor unit looks great :thumbup:

essexpete

Post #14 by essexpete » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:40 pm

topkit wrote:Nice one Jeremy, i remember seeing them as a lad and speaking to operators about them i think that they were ahead of their time in some respects, So now once you get started on this one you can start looking for a 120 priesman then :lol:
In your picture in the photo competition Clives tractor unit looks great :thumbup:

I think perhaps a JCB :D

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #15 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:25 am

essexpete wrote:
topkit wrote:Nice one Jeremy, i remember seeing them as a lad and speaking to operators about them i think that they were ahead of their time in some respects, So now once you get started on this one you can start looking for a 120 priesman then :lol:

I think perhaps a JCB :D

Yes Pete with the Priestman machines already at Andrew's farm that would just about make the collection complete, well for me anyway. :thumbup:

Jeremy

le.maisonniau
Flag: France

Post #16 by le.maisonniau » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:06 am

Hi Jeremy,
Looking forward to some "progress reports/pics" Is the low loader yours too :o
Good luck
John
When you come to a fork in the road - take it :dizzy:

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #17 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:31 am

le.maisonniau wrote:Hi Jeremy,
Looking forward to some "progress reports/pics" Is the low loader yours too :o
Good luck
John

Thanks John :thumbup: the low loader belongs to Clive Grey 'Big kit' who moved both machines for me to their current location :bow: I will be giving updates as the work progresses although I still have much to do on the Hymac, whatever the work on both machines will get done as I'm both determined and eager.

Jeremy

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #18 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:21 pm

Well life has been busy of recent and getting up to said Poclain and Hymac have been a problem for me I like to book a Thursday off work to go up there as Andrew Beaulah and the other lads who work on the machines are present however I have just been too busy so I managed to get in a 'flying' visit on a couple of Saturdays.
My plan is to cure the oil leaks on the Poclain and get it working ready for the working event in early July all being well, this will give me more time to concentrate on working on some of the bigger jobs on the Hymac. The first job was to get the machine running I had to borrow a battery off Andrew to get her started as one of the batteries on there is knackered, I also fitted a spare ignition switch that I have and got her running off the key.
Working on this machine is a whole new learning curve for me because even as a kid I had worked out how a Hymac worked but Poclain are a slightly different ball game; the machine has leaks from two different areas, one under the cab and the other leaks on the main body of the machine on the hydraulics at the front offside of the digger.
I decided that I would tackle the awful job under the cab first so I positioned the cab half way over the tracks to enable me to get some access underneath the cab, the small feed pipes run from across the offside of the excavator underneath the upper body to the underside of the cab where they disappear in three areas, one feed goes to the track drive activation pedals and the other two are split and enter the cab through two holes either side of the operators seat where they feed the control levers.
These hydraulic pipes are crappy nylon affairs of which it was hard to see exactly which of them was leaking so I decided that I would tackle each control lever individually, the left hand lever had all old pipes on it with the exception of one, they were numbered but this is of no help if you are taking them all off which I was so I opted to mark them with coloured cable ties and photograph them as well for further reference.
I have now got the left lever done and the knackered pipes off the right lever and one of the track pedal pipes which will be replaced, once I have cured the under cab leaks I can then concentrate on the other leaks, the levers require patience it is a fiddly job so I just hope that all works without any further leaks when I am ready to start the machine to test her out.

Jeremy

essexpete

Post #19 by essexpete » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:58 am

That will be a beauty when all done Jeremy, the old Hymac will seem like an old dawg!

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #20 by Jeremy Rowland » Thu May 03, 2018 10:14 pm

Managed a flying visit today; got the old Hymac running as I have not had her running since the last working event in Feb, she started first time :thumbup:
Next was the Poclain, today I got another eight hydraulic hoses fitted, the job has given me some aggro but that's another story I am now slowly but surely getting there, I opted to replace all of the nylon hoses under the cab I have no intention of removing the belly plate again once I have fitted it back in place.
I also tackled some of the hoses on the platform side of the machine but another problem that I had spotted at an earlier date gave me even more trouble in the form of a dented steel hydraulic pipe, after cutting the dented part out which was nearly squashed flat the damned thing was too short so that's a problem for another day now, with a bit of luck two more visits should see the excavator ready for action on the working event, after which I will be hoping to carry out work on some of the bigger jobs on the Hymac. :thumbup:

Jeremy

Return to “Excavators”