Poclain 75 CKB

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Poclain 75 CKB

Post #1 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:44 pm

Oops I went and did it again :doh: yep I got another machine to restore and mess about with I must be mad! Okay so this does not mean that the work on the Hymac is finished because I am just getting into my stride with that and enjoying every bit of what I am doing, so why the Poclain? Well I am a real hydraulic excavator fanatic and for me it was always Hymac, Poclain, Priestman and JCB from my younger days that were the machines I enjoyed seeing in action and grew up with, I never got too close to any Poclain machines although there was quite a few in operation at local scrapyards.

Before the opportunity to buy this machine had come along I had been very close to buying another Hymac, a 610C rubber duck that had been used in a scrapyard; it was a back actor version and had been fitted with an electro magnet for which it still was fitted with the generator, but the machine was penned in by containers without easy access and stuck in gear I had wanted the old gent who owned it to move the containers and let me work on it to get it mobile so it could be loaded onto a low-loader but alas he wanted me to get it lifted onto a truck and lifted off at the other end and as he never got the containers moved I just gave up on it.

Anyway this Poclain turned up at the right price she has stood for the last ten years and has some leaky old hoses on her but nothing that I cannot tackle; unlike the Hymac I know very little of how these machines work (I only have a vague idea) but nonetheless look forward to the challenge, this will enable me to have the Hymac out of action while I carry out larger repairs on it and vice versa, oh well here goes nothing. ;)

Jeremy

Andy80
Flag: Sweden

Re: Poclain 75 CKB

Post #2 by Andy80 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:34 am

Nice object! My uncle had a poclain 75 B before. Remember he let me try an operate it sometimes. It was my first contact with an excavator. I really loved it.Therefore Poclain has a special place in my heart.

mechman
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by mechman » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:28 pm

Hi Jeremy.
What make and size is the engine fitted to it?
Norm :think:

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #4 by Jeremy Rowland » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:44 pm

mechman wrote:Hi Jeremy.

Norman it's got a five pot Magirus Deutz engine fitted into it I have no other details on power etc. it will be a steeper learning curve than with the Hymac, I went and got some more parts for the 580BT today one steel hydraulic pipe that I would like to get fitted before next weeks impending event. :think:

Jeremy

essexpete

Post #5 by essexpete » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:57 pm

Well done Jeremy . I guess when fettled the Poclain will be in a different league to the Hymac.

mechman

Post #6 by mechman » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:18 am

Jeremy Rowland wrote:

Norman it's got a five pot Magirus Deutz engine fitted into it I have no other details on power etc. it will be a steeper learning curve than with the Hymac, I went and got some more parts for the 580BT today one steel hydraulic pipe that I would like to get fitted before next weeks impending event. :think:

Jeremy

Air cooled?

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #7 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:31 am

mechman wrote:
Jeremy Rowland wrote:

Jeremy

Air cooled?

Yes air cooled. :thumbup:

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #8 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:37 am

essexpete wrote:Well done Jeremy . I guess when fettled the Poclain will be in a different league to the Hymac.

Yes Pete it's a totally different beast than the Hymac it will make an interesting comparison. :thumbup:

Jeremy

Whitlock 505
Flag: Wales

Post #9 by Whitlock 505 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:44 am

Whoa fair play to you Jeremy! You've got the bug now, nice looking machine, best of luck and I'm sure you'll do it justice, another piece of machinery saved from the gas axe, I drove a Poclain 90 in the late 80's, nice machine, plenty of power but was a bit jumpy when grading

Ian

Osgood

Post #10 by Osgood » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:08 pm

Top man.
We ran a GCK120 for quite a few years, eventually getting hold of a scrap machine for spares to keep it going.
CK denotes a heavier duty model for quarry use etc.
Main difference is use of higher pressure hydraulics than other machines, so be sure to use Multispiral hoses.
Pumps and motors very reliable design, a side-effect of the higher pressure can be annoying minor leaks from valves, pipe fittings etc.

Return to “Excavators”