Poclain 75 CKB

Discuss excavators here

essexpete

Re: Poclain 75 CKB

Post #171 by essexpete » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:35 pm

I know this might sound ott, but would a good polish help preserve the paint and reduce growth getting a hold?

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #172 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:28 pm

v1230nm wrote:Jeremy, you are doing a great job with the limited time you have available. Looking forward to the next instalment and hopefully we will get to see it at Welland sometime.

Neil. (v1230nm)

Neil I am hoping that the machine will be ready for any future working event at Andrew's farm, my very limited income means that sadly there is little chance of the digger visiting a staged event elsewhere as the cost of a low-loader is above my budget but as I say the digger will always be viewable at Andrew Beaulah's. :thumbup:

Jeremy

v1230nm
Flag: Great Britain

Post #173 by v1230nm » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:00 pm

At least we have the luxury of YouTube these days where we can see these wonderful machines lovingly restored and working, even if we cannot get to see them in the flesh!

Let's hope that 2022 allows some of these classic events to start up again. :thumbup:

Neil. (v1230nm)

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #174 by Jeremy Rowland » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:50 am

v1230nm wrote:At least we have the luxury of YouTube these days where we can see these wonderful machines lovingly restored and working, even if we cannot get to see them in the flesh!

Let's hope that 2022 allows some of these classic events to start up again. :thumbup:

Neil. (v1230nm)

Yes I think that everybody is hoping that things return to some sort of what can be considered to be normal once again and I am looking forward to next years events (all being well)

Jeremy

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #175 by Jeremy Rowland » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:53 am

essexpete wrote:I know this might sound ott, but would a good polish help preserve the paint and reduce growth getting a hold?

Pete, just seen your post! Perhaps some polish may help but polishing the car these days is an unenviable task for me so the thought of trying to polish some diggers is just :arrrrgh:

The green does usually come off with a blast from the jet washer but its still a pain in the butt.

Jeremy

Slooby

Post #176 by Slooby » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:52 pm

There are some pretty funky polishes out there these days and some of the ceramic ones, while expensive, are a put on once and forget about it for years with little more than a hose down. The other thing is you can always do a panel at a time, because you don't have to worry about it looking half done ;)
CMN Stuff: MF65, Thwaites Nimline, JCB 3CX
Projects: S11a 88" V8 Hybrid, 2 x S111 109"s, Mk11 Mini, Harrison L5A :doh:
Ish projects: T25 Camper, ST675R
Just added: Alpine S5 & Bridgeport Mk2 :wtf:
Sorely Missed: Impreza, E39 M5

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #177 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:57 pm

Slooby wrote:There are some pretty funky polishes out there these days and some of the ceramic ones, while expensive, are a put on once and forget about it for years with little more than a hose down. The other thing is you can always do a panel at a time, because you don't have to worry about it looking half done ;)

Tim that may be worth considering. :thumbup:

Jeremy

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #178 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:08 am

Well it was a late one for me today but I have come away feeling happy that some more tasks have been completed; first on the agenda was to give another coat of galv spray to the track drive pedals, then the laborious job of rubbing the two side bonnet covers down and the rear cover after which I spray painted them. This job did not go all to plan as the paint reacted on the right-hand panel, never mind that will be on the next visit agenda.

I also managed to run up the Hy-mac as she has temporarily taken back stage as I have become so involved with trying to get the Poclain looking something like. After much ado I finally have my operators seat cushions back, the whole lot has been replaced including the two steel backing pieces for the cushion mountings, the old bottom one had rotted completely though. Fitting the seat cushions back quickly turned into bit of a nightmare and I ended up stripping more from off the seat so I could refit the base cushion, the real aggro came when I tried to fit the back cushion and found for some bizarre reason that the holes for the mounting pins are 5/16" UNC :wtf: despite the lower cushion mounting being M6 which you would expect; the cushion is currently resting in position, fortunately I have some UNC pins that size at home so they will also be on the next trip agenda. Hopefully decals on soon then after the rotary coupling seals and the odd bits and bobs she should be finished, well that is the plan (all being well).

Jeremy

mechman

Post #179 by mechman » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:58 am

Hi Jeremy.
Are the rotary seals the same item as the rotary distributor or am I in the wrong area?
Norm.

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #180 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:39 am

mechman wrote:Hi Jeremy.
Are the rotary seals the same item as the rotary distributor or am I in the wrong area?
Norm.

Hi Norm, they are one and the same so you are correct. :thumbup:

Jeremy

Return to “Excavators”