Poclain 75 CKB

Discuss excavators here

Matchless?58
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Poclain 75 CKB

Post #111 by Matchless?58 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:16 pm

I have followed your updates from the beginning and your machine has come on amazingly . Think you should not be so modest and take credit where it is due . Looks in cracking condition now . I don't think I would be able to do that with the JCB . I intend to chuck some paint at it towards the end of the year or early spring next year . At least the appearance would be improved . Cheers Chris

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #112 by Jeremy Rowland » Sat May 01, 2021 9:11 am

Thanks Chris it is a labour of love and I have really enjoyed the work that I have carried out on this machine and on my Hymac; now I have started on the cab I have decided to try and carry out a bit of internal cab work too, I suppose part of the pleasure is knowing that I am not under pressure to get the work done, it's not as if the machine was being put to earn it's keep but I do enjoy working on them plus it's a bonus to help out the others there when I get the chance. :thumbup:
If you get the chance put a bit of paint on the JCB it does improve the look of any old machinery and helps to keep the rust at bay.

Jeremy

MrF
Flag: France

Post #113 by MrF » Sat May 01, 2021 9:34 pm

Looks superb, you dont fancy fixing other cabs if I pop it in the post do you? :D

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #114 by Jeremy Rowland » Sat May 01, 2021 9:53 pm

MrF wrote:Looks superb, you dont fancy fixing other cabs if I pop it in the post do you? :D

:lol: If only I had the time :thumbup: I see other professionally restored machines and they put my efforts to shame, however to be fair to me I never intended a showroom finish plus my machines will hopefully get worked when we get the working events back up and running all being well once the lockdown is over. :D

Jeremy

cathaloc
Flag: Ireland

Post #115 by cathaloc » Sun May 02, 2021 1:43 pm

First Post on the site, but I've been reading for a long while.

I actually just bought my first tracked digger today, and it's a Poclain 75! I don't have much information on it really, but it seems to be a decent machine, with about 8500 hours on it. Anyway, your restoration has been a big help to me so I was able to look over the machine properly.

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #116 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun May 02, 2021 2:37 pm

cathaloc wrote:First Post on the site, but I've been reading for a long while.

I actually just bought my first tracked digger today, and it's a Poclain 75! I don't have much information on it really, but it seems to be a decent machine, with about 8500 hours on it. Anyway, your restoration has been a big help to me so I was able to look over the machine properly.

Hi and welcome :wave: glad my restoration has been able to give you some insight into these machines; I take it your machine is the 75CKB like my machine? The difference is the early machines were not on pilot controls like the CKB model which was the last type, it would be good to see your machine if you could post some photos of it. :thumbup:

Jeremy

cathaloc

Post #117 by cathaloc » Sun May 02, 2021 9:02 pm

Jeremy Rowland wrote:
cathaloc wrote:First Post on the site, but I've been reading for a long while.

Hi and welcome :wave: glad my restoration has been able to give you some insight into these machines; I take it your machine is the 75CKB like my machine? The difference is the early machines were not on pilot controls like the CKB model which was the last type, it would be good to see your machine if you could post some photos of it. :thumbup:

Jeremy

These are pictures as it stands now, in the sellers yard, so it's looking quite rough still.

The plan is to use the machine for my self build, so for now it'll just get some functionality returned by rebuilding a couple of rams and tightening the linkages. After that, I will use it as a farm machine, and will fit in a restoration of the cab and tinware around there somewhere!

The machine turned up for sale about 10 miles from my house so I couldn't have been luckier. This type of machine is getting rare in Ireland now, so was lucky to find one. He also has a 60 that he's breaking, but I'm not sure if many parts are common to both machines?

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #118 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun May 02, 2021 9:42 pm

Your machine is the earlier 75 with the longer levers, looks to be in fair tidy condition for it's age though :thumbup: must say I have not seen a Poclain 75 with such a short dipper arm either, must be rare if not unique? I could not turn your photos the right way up for some unknown reason so I am posting them again in this post the right way up. :thumbup:

Jeremy

cathaloc

Post #119 by cathaloc » Sun May 02, 2021 11:29 pm

I wonder if the dipper arm is off of a different machine? I did notice that the seller has a spare dipper arm to go with it. Thought it was an unusual spare to keep, so maybe he changed it out because of cracks? I read that these machines suffered from cracks more than most.

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #120 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon May 03, 2021 9:52 am

cathaloc wrote:I wonder if the dipper arm is off of a different machine? I did notice that the seller has a spare dipper arm to go with it. Thought it was an unusual spare to keep, so maybe he changed it out because of cracks? I read that these machines suffered from cracks more than most.

If he has a longer dipper arm surely that came in the deal with the machine? I'd ask him for it; that short dipper is not off another machine from what I can see it is standard although rare to say the least.

Jeremy

Return to “Excavators”