HYMAC 580 BT

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
martyn williams

Re: HYMAC 580 BT

Post #11 by martyn williams » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:58 pm

Julian contacted me the other week about his new purchace. The machine had not been run for many years, eight perhaps. So I went down to Porthcawl to have a closer look , taking two charged up batteries and a multimeter and cable. Stuck a battery on it, obviouse bad earth within the power feed, sorted that out, had to bridge the starter terminals to get it running. Started good. Next problem, stuff in the way , including a MF165, no start, put my second battery on that, then found that the clutch had stuck, sorted that out. Finally got the Hymac out of the shed, did a brief function check. Not bad as it had been stood. Went down a few days later to prepare it for loading. Its buckets were dumped in the corner of the field surrounded by nettles and conifers. God job I had a strop and gloves with me. Dragged them out and hitched it up to its backfill blade. The aux pipes fitted were a pain. One started dripping oil, not plugged up. Lowloader turned up as I tracked it down the driveway. So a good turn around , no farting about with the buckets all ready to load. Loaded up and off to the pub with Holly . Job done, then over to Jeremy 170 miles away to unload it

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #12 by martyn williams » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:03 pm

As you can see the MF 165 looked great lol click on link
https://youtu.be/dcDMkl-dooo

Jeremy Rowland

Post #13 by Jeremy Rowland » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:32 pm

martyn williams wrote:Hope you are keeping well mate. The Hymac starts good, been stored in that shed for years. Did it behave at your end ? what do you think of the extra piping lol

Yes Martyn she started okay at Uttoxeter the only issue I had was the boom down function the excessive wear in the control lever meant you were nearly putting the front windscreen through to lower the boom.

Been busy myself just got back from doing a bit more work on my 580BT I changed the engine oil as the oil in it had become contaminated with diesel; then I fitted a new hydraulic hose between the pump and filter, then fixed the rear nameplate which has just been painted and finally I did a bit of rubbing down and painting on the engine cover so a good day in all. :thumbup:

Jeremy

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #14 by martyn williams » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:50 pm

I had trouble with the left lever too. As you say lots of travel. You have got to be carefull with this old stuff that not been driven for years.
Off up to Bournmouth in the morning then GDSF Saturday, your Hymac looks good

Jeremy Rowland

Post #15 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:30 am

martyn williams wrote:I had trouble with the left lever too. As you say lots of travel. You have got to be carefull with this old stuff that not been driven for years.
Off up to Bournmouth in the morning then GDSF Saturday, your Hymac looks good

Yes Martyn thank you I am getting there with it slowly :thumbup: I had a go in Julian's other 580BT which from the small time I had in it. it was the most responsive out of all three machines, mine and the one above, okay so there is lots of work left to do on my machine and unlike Julian I don't have another pair of hands working on the machine fulltime, besides you need a lot of time and resource to completely strip a machine and rebuild it from my perspective that was never going to happen for my machine.
Sadly I won't catch you at Dorset this year as I have other things on the agenda but look forward to seeing you again when we next bump into each other, hope you and Holly have a great time at Bournemouth and the GDSF. :thumbup:

Jeremy

dpan
Flag: United States of America

Post #16 by dpan » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:02 pm

If you guys didn't have buried machines with questionable controls, rock walls, traffic, power poles, overhead wires, and parking lots for unloading you wouldn't have any fun. Great video, pictures and story.

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #17 by martyn williams » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:36 pm

Very true mate. They are great fun to work on, can be frustrating at times but give immense enjoyment and satisfaction

Jeremy Rowland

Post #18 by Jeremy Rowland » Thu May 24, 2018 10:02 pm

Finally finished the same machine now :shock: totally unrecognisable looks absolutely fab though so a 10 out 0f 10 for Julian Carder. :claphands: :bow: wish mine would look that good when it's done but alas I don't have that sort of money to throw at it.

Jeremy

Return to “Excavators”