A look round my machine!

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
Joes1989
Flag: Great Britain

A look round my machine!

Post #1 by Joes1989 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:03 pm

Hey Guys,

I just thought id show you some pics of my machine.

Looking down on it from the top soil heap.

My machine on the heap.

The most uncomfortable cab in the world. Notice No headrest. Whats the deal? Wasnt one in when it was new.

A view many of you will no doubt be familiar with.

Joe

Nick Drew

Re: A look round my machine!

Post #2 by Nick Drew » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:15 pm

Hi Joe,

Looks like a decent machine to me, I always used to like the 15 ton size machines because you get a good range of work with them.

I take it you must be quite a tall chap as I notice you have your seat cranked right up? My little "Stumpy" legs would be hanging from that perch !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

What is it that you find so uncomfortable in the cab??

Nick ;)

Topic author
Joes1989

Post #3 by Joes1989 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:34 pm

Hey Nick,

I just find the seat to be quite uncomfortableas the backrest is really low and theres no headrest. Im 6ft 4 and even when the seat is cranked right back im still crunched up. Its not a bad machine but it could be better. I find it quite strange that cat didnt supply a headrest with the set. It might have been remedeed now.

I didnt realise that the cab was that dirty too. Ill have to sort that out when i get back in a week. Mechanically it runs sweet as a nut apart from it doesnt fire first time sometimes. Over all not a bad machine for one with 6309 hours on it.

Joe

Nick Drew

Post #4 by Nick Drew » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:41 pm

Joes1989 wrote:Hey Nick,

I just find the seat to be quite uncomfortableas the backrest is really low and theres no headrest. Im 6ft 4 and even when the seat is cranked right back im still crunched up. Its not a bad machine but it could be better. I find it quite strange that cat didnt supply a headrest with the set. It might have been remedeed now.

I didnt realise that the cab was that dirty too. Ill have to sort that out when i get back in a week. Mechanically it runs sweet as a nut apart from it doesnt fire first time sometimes. Over all not a bad machine for one with 6309 hours on it.

Joe

Ha ha !! I didn't like to say anything about the cab mate but now you mention it yeh it could do with a bit of TLC!!

But I am a bit of an old woman with any machine I operate sometime to the point of obsessional !! :dizzy: :dizzy:

Thats a fair few hours on her and I must say I have seen some machines with not even half those hours and they are "Hanging" :dizzy: I just don't know what some people do with there machines :?

Have you tried speaking to anyone at Cat to see if you can get hold of a headrest?? might be worth a call mate if it will make things more comfortable ??

Nick

Topic author
Joes1989

Post #5 by Joes1989 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:56 pm

I can assure i didnt make the cab as dirty as that. The driver who had it before me was one of the guys who doesnt give a toss about the machine (just take a look at the counterweight in the pic below.) . I had words with him when he was still with the firm about me cleaning the cab out when he was off for a week. He wanted to know why id done it. My response was to tell him that it was basically a pig sty. You could have filled a skip loader dumper with the muck on the floor. Im going to try and make it as smart as i possibly can when i get back.

The thing with that seat is theres no holes in the top of the seat to plug the headrest into so i cant get a headrest in. I guess ill have to live with it. It wont really be for that long as the machine is being replaced in febuary or march on next year.

Joe

equipment fan

Post #6 by equipment fan » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:10 pm

Nice picures!Is this 315c will be replaced by a newer one?What is the year of this one?

Topic author
Joes1989

Post #7 by Joes1989 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:22 pm

It wont be replaced with a new Cat well it wont if i have anything to do with it....Im thinking it will be replaced with a new Hitachi ZX180 or a PC180LC-8 but there has been mentions of possibly a volvo EC160C or a Case CX160 being bought to replace it. Im not really sure on the year but i know its roughly 3 and half years old now.

Joe

L.Kezz

Post #8 by L.Kezz » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:09 pm

nice machine mate, and yeah i know what you mean by no headrest!! never mind just several months until it is replaced by a better cat :lol: only joking mate i know how much you don't like them, the komatsu sounds and looks a good one to have :P :thumbs_up:

Luke
Cheers

L.Kezz

Topic author
Joes1989

Post #9 by Joes1989 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:00 pm

Well im hoping its either the PC180 or the EC160C......if it was up to me id have a JS190 or 220 but i dont think we'll be buying anymore JS's anytime soon after the problems we've had with one of our JS160's

Joe

Nick Drew

Post #10 by Nick Drew » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:10 pm

Hi Joe,

Ask them to get you a Case CX160B on demo .....You would not be dissapointed ...IMO ;)

I really rate the Case CX range, I cannot find any faults with them :thumbs_up:

Nick ;)

Return to “Excavators”